PDA

View Full Version : Hydration systems

comanighttrain
25-09-2011, 05:54 PM
Can anyone recommend a good one? I have been using stainless steel bottles...

Today i used a deuter streamer and it was great, except i ripped a huge whole in the bag trying to get the tubing apart... lame....

Martin
25-09-2011, 06:03 PM
Platypus Hoser system mate. Excellent, no frills quality and great price.

Martin

tinkers
25-09-2011, 08:44 PM
there are some great hydration systems out there today, my personal preference is the Source Hydration Systems, and funnily enough the same people who produced the deuter streamer and i'm suprised yours let you down like that comanighttrain The WXP series that i've used are easy to fill, easy to clean and as a rule they are very durable so much so that the american and british forces are in the process of switching over to these systems from their camelback gear as they are much more resistant to mould build up as a result of using an extremely smooth plastic which is also taste free. and if they are good enough for those guys you know they can take some abuse. plus they have a quick release connector on the drink tube, a very handy feature indeed. ive had mine for a couple of years now and its as good as the day i bought it.

on a lighter note heres an interesting link to an old camelback pressure test http://youtu.be/l9iV2A-6Ol8

jus_young
25-09-2011, 08:59 PM
I recently bought a Source 2 litre which is very similar to the Deuter in that it uses the same closing mechanism and quick release bite valve. Mine has put up with swinging around from a hook in the back of the van, rubbing against rough ply and I have had no problems with it at all. It also has an antimicrobial within the plastic and hose so that there are no problems with mould and the water can keep for ages. I have fitted mine with an in line filter so that I can take water direct from the boreholes I wire up, usually cloudy and gritty when first drilled, and get a nice fresh brew when wanted.

comanighttrain
25-09-2011, 10:17 PM
Yeah I think the deuter does use the same kit... its the connection from the line to the bag...it was stiff as and i thought a wee yank was in order....

jus_young
25-09-2011, 11:14 PM
Have you found the little button that you need to press yet ;)

Notredame11211
26-09-2011, 01:17 AM
Try the Camelback Omega reservoir, I use one for work- these things are almost indestructible, I know someone who ran their truck over one when it was full