PDA

View Full Version : bushcrafting southwest cornwall

stemo
05-09-2011, 10:35 AM
Hi does anyone know of any forest areas around truro, redruth that would be ideal for a bushcrafting weekend, obviously with oermissions? thanks:happy-clapping:

Martin
05-09-2011, 01:19 PM
Why not tell us a bit more about you and what you would like to do? Then it would be easier to point you in the right direction. :)

Martin

stemo
06-09-2011, 07:22 AM
Hi, sorry about the very shallow thread. I am a keen bushcrafter and enjoy anything to do with the outdoors. Because i work all summer dealing with customers i would like to dissapear for a weekend, I wood like to set up a small area in a forest and test my new tarp and hammock. Also i would like to brush up on some skills like fire lighting etc. I have a great respect for other peoples land and would make sure i leave nothing or little trace of me being there. A small forest area to set up a small camp for myself would be ideal. I hope this is enough of an explanation. Thanks for the intial reply. It would be great if you could help me out on this one.

ANDYRAF
06-09-2011, 07:26 AM
Woodland valley farm near Laddock is a good place to try.

Martin
06-09-2011, 03:25 PM
Like Andy says, Woodland Valley is great and welcomes respectful and careful bushcrafters. Check out their website. http://www.woodlandvalley.co.uk/

Hope this helps :) Let us know how you get on and if you fancy some company let us know, I only live ten minutes from there.

Martin

stemo
06-09-2011, 07:04 PM
Thanks guys very grateful, and i will be in touch, this time im going for a bit of space.