PDA

View Full Version : family and their tent

swkieran
30-08-2011, 05:18 PM
i heard on the westcountry news tonight,that a family of holiday makers staying on a cornish campsite,got cold during the night,and lit disposable bbq inside their tent :campfire:,and were over come by deadly carbon monoxide. i know you shouldn't laugh.

bigzee
30-08-2011, 05:50 PM
Are they really ill - or were they.......... "cured"!
Ba-doom tsshh....I'm here all week folks.

Realbark
30-08-2011, 07:16 PM
Darwin...................

Thumbcrusher
30-08-2011, 07:17 PM
I cant believe people do this! here's another one from july http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2017648/Camper-dies-wife-left-seriously-ill-use-gas-barbecue-warm-tent.html

comanighttrain
30-08-2011, 07:33 PM
oh man :(

Metal mug
30-08-2011, 07:50 PM
I smiled, but then felt bad.

JEEP
30-08-2011, 08:11 PM
This is why I spend a lot of time explaining the do's and dont's when selling stoves and lamps at the store. I have been asked by customers, whether they could use stove as tent warmer, suprisingly often. And I have been told by customers that they have a habit of doing so, almost equally often.

A few years ago, here in Denmark, a whole family of five perished, because they had taken their still smoldering barbecue into their living room for the night, to prevent it from being stolen.

swkieran
30-08-2011, 10:30 PM
i know it's a tragedy,but surely common sense would dictate and you just dont do that,buy a half decent sleeping bag and a duvet and you should be okay.when i went camping in june it was blistering hot in the day but by 1 or 2 in the morning it was single figure temps

bigzee
31-08-2011, 10:12 PM
Now I'm feeling a rather bad for making light of the subject. Did this family move across to the other side or are they ok?

nat110732
01-09-2011, 07:57 PM
Darwin...................
priceless!!!

swkieran
01-09-2011, 11:12 PM
@ bigzee yea the family are ok i think one of them got carbon m poisening,dont worry m8 i saw the funny side to it wen i was watching the news lol

Blu
10-09-2011, 07:32 AM
I do a fair bit of family tent camping both in the uk and france, and you would be amazed at just how many people use gas powered stoves inside tents of all sizes. The trouble is with unpredictable weather people will naturally migrate inside their tent at the earliest sign of rain, and start cooking and then as it gets dark the fire up their gas powered lanterns as well (lanterns have been used as a heat source as well). I know it's obvious to most that the safest thing to use would be a head torch, the kids especially love using them, but to a lot of people switching on a flame in doors is the same practice as they do at home.

Hopefully people will live and learn.