PDA

View Full Version : New to bushcraft in Cambridge

paul22
10-08-2011, 08:57 PM
Are there any groups or individuals in the Cambridge or East Anglia area who meet up? I am new to bushcraft and would like to meet with others with a view to sharing bushcraft skills etc. Paul age 54 Cambridge

Martin
10-08-2011, 09:36 PM
Hi Paul, not that many in Cambridge on here if I remember correctly, but plenty from East Anglia. Essex, Suffolk and Norfolk I'm sure. Stick around, get involved and you'll see who's who and where they come from. :)

Oh, and a very warm welcome to the NaturalBushcraft forum.

Martin

paul22
10-08-2011, 09:41 PM
Thanks Martin, I will wait in anticipation! It's always a bit difficult trying to meet like minded folk if you don't know anyone. I'll try an get involved as much as possible.
Paul

Tony1948
10-08-2011, 09:45 PM
Hi Paul,welcome to the forum good to have you on boad,we have get togethers just down the road from you in ESSEX.We have axece to some woods throw MARK north of ROMFORD,very nice.It's only down the M11 keep an eye out for the post inside the M25 for the next meet.The last time I spoke to MARK he said there may be a meet next month.ATB...................DONT GET EATEN BY THE BEARS..............TONY

Martin
10-08-2011, 09:58 PM
Thanks Martin, I will wait in anticipation! It's always a bit difficult trying to meet like minded folk if you don't know anyone. I'll try an get involved as much as possible.
Paul

I know exactly what you mean Paul and it's through Natural Bushcraft that I got to meet some great people who have become very close and dear friends. I didn't know anyone when I went along to the first Natural Bushcraft meet and found that everyone was so friendly and accommodating.

Martin

Ben Casey
10-08-2011, 10:49 PM
Hi There from me I was there but I'm up North now :)

jus_young
11-08-2011, 07:44 PM
Hi and welcome to NB from me.

pheasant plucker
10-09-2011, 09:17 PM
Hi paul , i'm also looking for local clubs or meets. i live in the cambridgesire fens so not to far from you probably ? I have approached some local landowners but to no avail!!

LandRoverMatt
10-09-2011, 10:25 PM
hello and welcome

kINGPIN
10-09-2011, 11:05 PM
Hi, I live in St Ives about 20 mins from cambridge. I'm not part of any groups though. Just me, my dog and my brother in law. Welcome to the forum!

paul22
11-09-2011, 12:33 PM
Hi Kingpin, nice to hear from you. What bushcraft activities do you get up to? I am keen to explore canoeing, wild camping, survivor techniques and countryside in general.

BushcraftCambsUk
20-09-2011, 12:12 PM
I am from Cambridge and i love bushcraft. I am an Amatuer and pretty much learn as i go or practice things i read about. My friend and i go out in the local area and take the occassional big trip to the lake district or somewhere like that. I have also started taking groups of people out which has proven to be great fun and a great success.

I have a youtube channel if you would like to see some of my pic from my travels.
http://www.youtube.com/user/BushcraftCambsUK

Hope to hear from you.
Mike

Smilla
21-09-2011, 10:25 AM
Hi Mike,

I'm in Ipswich, so I guess about an hour from you. I'm newish to bushcraft too, and trying to track down some friendly local landowners - I've got a couple of irons in the fire and I'll let you know more as soon as I do. It's been a month or so since I had a couple of nights out and I'm starting to get desperate to get out again, so cross your fingers.

Becca

Smilla
21-09-2011, 10:32 AM
ok, ok, I'm a dolt and can't work out who this thread originated with... Paul, I apologise, The above message was intended for you, Mike, I apologise, you're clearly not new to bushcraft, but it looks as though you have a great time, and if you're doing anything locally in East Anglia, it would be brilliant to meet up.

sorries all round for being a forum muppet.

bec

BushcraftCambsUk
21-09-2011, 01:50 PM
Smilla that cool and i would love it if i could manage to get something together for the East Anglians to meet. As for permissions for land rights access i have found that as long as you are sensible, know what you are about and do leave the forest the way you found it the forestry commision in my area is quite willing to let you have a couple of days of bushcraft without disterbing you. I always make sure i leave a camp sight in good condition and no rubish is left behind. If only actual campers would treat the forest the same way as us bushmen and women and had a little respect there would be no need for the overly strict laws against living off the land. Anyway rant over lmao sorry just kinda fell into that one.

It has also been a month since i last went out but that was with a group of 7 and looking after and feeding that many people is not very relaxing i can tell you lol. So when i go our in November it will just be me and Alex and maybe a couple of people who have come out with us before so they have some idea of how to take care of themselves. I will be taking a Camera so there will be actual video footage this time so i will let you know when it is up.

paul22
26-09-2011, 09:27 AM
Hi Smilla

OK, I see the tread now....great to hear from you, when are you planning your next day(s) away let me know and perhaps we can arrange something. I am petty much free most weekends.

paul

Adam Savage
26-09-2011, 02:17 PM
Welcome to the forums. Hope you enjoy the place as much as the rest of us.

Adam

Tigger004
17-09-2012, 01:03 PM
Hello and welcome,
I'm in a very similar situation in the Rushden Northants area, not a million miles away though, feel free to PM me for more info and phone numbers for a chat, Jeff

paul22
22-09-2012, 06:10 PM
Hi jeff, sorry I have not replied sooner, I was away on holiday. You can contact me via email which is paul6664@hotmail.com. I used to live in Raunds in the 80's so know the areas quite well. Hope to hear from you soon, regards Paul

Hello and welcome,
I'm in a very similar situation in the Rushden Northants area, not a million miles away though, feel free to PM me for more info and phone numbers for a chat, Jeff

L8starter
03-11-2012, 07:33 PM
hi, im in norwich but interested to meet folk if anything gets planned

Adam Savage
03-11-2012, 08:05 PM
hi, im in norwich but interested to meet folk if anything gets planned

Hi L8starter. Welcome to the forum. It might be good for you to post an introduction HERE (http://www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?37-Introduce-Yourself-amp-Welcome-to-the-Community!), stating "Norwich" somewhere in the title. Could get you a few more replies from folk in your area :)

All the best

Adam