PDA

View Full Version : Ben Casey

Martin
27-07-2011, 09:00 PM
Ben Casey, Ben Casey, wherefore art thou Ben Casey?? Haven't seen him around for a couple of weeks. Hope everything is ok and he's settling in to his new home??

Martin

CanadianMike
28-07-2011, 03:06 PM
He's been on Facebook............ maybe the 'F-Book Addiction' has taken over and he forgot about stirring things up here? Lol

Ben Casey
29-07-2011, 08:11 AM
Hi guys sorry I havent been on here but I sort of got wrapped up in the new place digging the garden and as reported stuck on the dreaded FB :( Anyway Im back the doc did change my meds so I will balme him LOL
And I dad miss coming on I just have to catch up with everyone now :)

Martin
29-07-2011, 11:43 AM
Hey Ben, glad you're ok, was a bit worried as we hadn't seen you for quite a while.

Let the off topic ramblings continue. :p

Martin

Metal mug
29-07-2011, 11:54 AM
We were going to change the chat thread to "Chit chat for A." ;)

Ben Casey
29-07-2011, 04:40 PM
I thought I would be safe on FB for a bit but I found out that some normal people over there want things like relationships :) The real world isnt half scarry LOL

Metal mug
29-07-2011, 05:43 PM
I thought I would be safe on FB for a bit but I found out that some normal people over there want things like relationships :) The real world isnt half scarry LOLYou're always welcome to visit my world. :D

Ben Casey
29-07-2011, 07:22 PM
You're always welcome to visit my world. :D

Cheers mate has to be good I bet has Adam been on recently?

Metal mug
29-10-2011, 04:37 PM
BUMP. Where's Ben?

bigzee
29-10-2011, 05:07 PM
For future reference: if I "go quiet" for a while, it's probably because we've got behind with internet payments - so don't fret Martin. It's reassuring to know you're thinking of us though mate.

Martin
29-10-2011, 06:11 PM
For future reference: if I "go quiet" for a while, it's probably because we've got behind with internet payments - so don't fret Martin. It's reassuring to know you're thinking of us though mate.

No problem, I'll bear that in mind. Who are you by the way? ;)

Martin

Ben Casey
29-10-2011, 08:05 PM
Hi guys I'm still alive I just dont seem to have got on here much lately :( I was in France last weekend for an Old Army reunion that was nice :) But there doesnt seem to be much up here in the North in the bush craft sense :( I did ask around but got nowhere and time has sort of over took me :) Anyway I'm still alive not kicking very much though at the min :) And I will have to get my act together to get back on here more often :) My main plan at the min will be to hit the Footsteps of Discovery next year and I'm planning to hit Africa in Jan so they are my defos for the min :) I hope you are all OK :)

Tony1948
29-10-2011, 11:54 PM
Good to have you back for a bit Ben.Atb..........DONT GET EATEN BY THE BEARS............TONYT^

Martin
30-10-2011, 07:36 AM
Glad that you're doing OK Ben and that you're still on your travels. Looking forward to seeing you at the Cornwall RV again next year. :)

Martin

Adam Savage
30-10-2011, 01:19 PM
Bennnnnnn...Ol' buddy, ol' pal, ol' mucker. Glad to hear you're still giving those doctors something to talk about :p
Your future plans sound ace anyway mate. Long as you get the stuff done you need, and you need the stuff you do ;)
I thought you might be inside for killing Ken lol. Come to think of it, where is Ken????:confused:

Metal mug
30-10-2011, 06:18 PM
I thought you might be inside for killing Ken lol. Come to think of it, where is Ken????:confused:That's the next thread......Where's Ken?:confused2:

Martin
30-10-2011, 06:31 PM
That's the next thread......Where's Ken?:confused2:

He posted yesterday, in the Ipswich meeting thread. ;)

Martin

Ben Casey
30-10-2011, 06:52 PM
What me kill Ken why would I do that it isnt his fault he is a Lib/Dem LOL

Thumbcrusher
30-10-2011, 06:57 PM
But there doesnt seem to be much up here in the North in the bush craft sense

Ben, are you anywhere near Chopwell Woods? They do quite a bit of bushcraft stuff, courses and the like and i believe the main bushcraft officionado? is ex forces as well so i'm sure you will get on with him. The "Friends of Chopwell woods" are always looking for new volunteers etc to help out at their woodland centre. Why not give them a bell and see if you can get more involved there?
http://www.friendsofchopwellwood.org.uk/

Metal mug
30-10-2011, 07:01 PM

MartinI thought I'd seen him recently. :D

Ben Casey
30-10-2011, 07:02 PM
Ben, are you anywhere near Chopwell Woods? They do quite a bit of bushcraft stuff, courses and the like and i believe the main bushcraft officionado? is ex forces as well so i'm sure you will get on with him. The "Friends of Chopwell woods" are always looking for new volunteers etc to help out at their woodland centre. Why not give them a bell and see if you can get more involved there?
http://www.friendsofchopwellwood.org.uk/

Hi there mate it was one of my first ports of call but they seemed to have there stuff all sorted and not really interested in any new blood added to that they said you cant stay out over night so I gave up there :( Close to me are a few woods and forests I'm trying to get to to sort out maybe I will manage it early next year :) But I got a bit tied up in the garden this year it was a right mess when I moved in and now all I need to do is finish of my BBQ area and my pit for cooking in :) In you ever fancy we could meet up for a natter I pop over to Stockton now and again when I'm bimbling about?

Ben

Adam Savage
30-10-2011, 07:24 PM

Martin

Oops, didn't actually check before posting that lol.

Hi there mate it was one of my first ports of call but they seemed to have there stuff all sorted and not really interested in any new blood added to that they said you cant stay out over night so I gave up there :( Close to me are a few woods and forests I'm trying to get to to sort out maybe I will manage it early next year :) But I got a bit tied up in the garden this year it was a right mess when I moved in and now all I need to do is finish of my BBQ area and my pit for cooking in :) In you ever fancy we could meet up for a natter I pop over to Stockton now and again when I'm bimbling about?

Ben

You dinnit scare em diyya? Can see if/when I'm available for a wander too mate, if you're up for it.

Ben Casey
30-10-2011, 10:22 PM
Oops, didn't actually check before posting that lol.
You dinnit scare em diyya? Can see if/when I'm available for a wander too mate, if you're up for it.

yeah can do mate I forgot to say Hi earlier oppppssssssss When are you thinking about?

Adam Savage
30-10-2011, 11:01 PM
No idea yet mate. Whenever I get chance to get up there, hopefully when it's warmer again lol.

Ben Casey
30-10-2011, 11:10 PM
No idea yet mate. Whenever I get chance to get up there, hopefully when it's warmer again lol.

You never struck me as a warm weather bushcrafter LOL Is Ivan still around? I could nip down yours some weekend I just have to save some pennies after a mad weekend of drinking to much with old Army mates :) Of to bed now so catch up in the morning :)

Adam Savage
30-10-2011, 11:20 PM
Ok mate. Ivan's coming to my next meet (just up the road from me) in a couple weeks. If you can make it, you're more than welcome to join us.

Ben Casey
31-10-2011, 06:16 PM
Is it on here mate stick the link on and I will see what I can get sorted :) Hang on I will check and see if I can find it :)

Ben Casey
31-10-2011, 06:19 PM
Can you send me the details LOL I cant find anything :)

Martin
31-10-2011, 08:22 PM
Can you send me the details LOL I cant find anything :)

Oi!! You're supposed to be MIA!!! If you keep coming in here and posting you will lose your mystery man image. :D

Martin

jus_young
31-10-2011, 09:43 PM
Oi!! You're supposed to be MIA!!! If you keep coming in here and posting you will lose your mystery man image. :D

Martin

You scared him away now :D

Ben Casey
31-10-2011, 10:49 PM
Nope still here you cant keep me away now LOL

CanadianMike
01-11-2011, 02:57 AM
"Riiiiiight Raggy!!!" :D

Adam Savage
01-11-2011, 07:31 AM
Don't worry Martin, I can send him MIA if he comes round these parts. I'll hide his car keys and fill his boots with sand :p

Metal mug
01-11-2011, 07:36 AM
Don't worry Martin, I can send him MIA if he comes round these parts. I'll hide his car keys and fill his boots with sand :pNow there's a good thread. What would you do if your mate hid your car keys and filled.......well you get the picture.

Adam Savage
01-11-2011, 07:39 AM
Now there's a good thread. What would you do if your mate hid your car keys and filled.......well you get the picture.

I'd call in the Zulu, microlite, archers :)

Metal mug
01-11-2011, 07:40 AM
I'd call in the Zulu, microlite, archers :)You forgot Freddie M. :)

Adam Savage
01-11-2011, 07:43 AM
You forgot Freddie M. :)

It would have to be really serious for me to summon him from the dead :)

Metal mug
01-11-2011, 07:46 AM
It would have to be really serious for me to summon him from the dead :)Well it was halloween yesterday he's still probably around somewhere.