PDA

View Full Version : Webbing and baggery

comanighttrain
21-07-2011, 09:37 AM
I came accross this site earlier

http://www.contactleft.co.uk/diy-tactical.html

and it gave me an idea to make some small fasteners to attach my poles to my Web-tex day sack... Which got me thinking, with the right gear, you could actually make additional modules for a lot of things...for example I'm now thinking of ways i could attach my poncho to the bottom of the day sack so that it frees up some space but doesn't wobble about all over the place.

Has anyone any experience with webbing craftery?

Silverback
21-07-2011, 10:34 AM
go get yourself a 58 pattern poncho roll holder from a surplus store, exactly what it was designed for.

http://www.surplusandoutdoors.com/shop/army-surplus-uk/58-pattern-webbing/nw-and-used-genuine-58-pattern-232701.html

or better still make your own copy

comanighttrain
21-07-2011, 10:56 AM
Think I might do that.... I found the modern poncho roll holder...£20.... flaming nora

Silverback
21-07-2011, 11:44 AM
Think I might do that.... I found the modern poncho roll holder...£20.... flaming nora

I can get 58 pattern bits at £3 per item.......want a poncho roll holder ?

comanighttrain
21-07-2011, 12:14 PM
I can get 58 pattern bits at £3 per item.......want a poncho roll holder ?

Yeah please :D

Will it hook on top of the new yoke easy enough?

I can paypal you cost + delivery - drop me a pm

Silverback
21-07-2011, 01:17 PM

not sure but I have attached a pair of 58 patt kidney pouches to my forces 33 and i thing a poncho roll would fit to the attachments under that sack

Adam Savage
21-07-2011, 01:32 PM
Yeah please :D

Should fit no problem, they use gour small spring clips (a bit like the ones you get on some keyrings) to attach to either D loops on the belt, or at a push the utility eyes (the three rows of holes for attaching, securing, adjusting, modules) that run the length of many belts.

not sure but I have attached a pair of 58 patt kidney pouches to my forces 33 and i thing a poncho roll would fit to the attachments under that sack

Any chance of sorting one for me too mate? :)

comanighttrain
21-07-2011, 01:43 PM
Excellent :D yeah ill go for it.

You should open a surplus store :P

Silverback
21-07-2011, 01:47 PM
Let me see how many my mate has in his shop, no idea what the postage will be but if i can I'll help

Silverback
21-07-2011, 01:49 PM
Excellent :D yeah ill go for it.

You should open a surplus store :P

Id rather not - however if anyone wants any wilderness or outdoor specific first aid training..........;););). Not advertising in any way shape or form ;););)

Adam Savage
21-07-2011, 03:01 PM
Id rather not - however if anyone wants any wilderness or outdoor specific first aid training..........;););). Not advertising in any way shape or form ;););)

Strangely enough. i was speaking to a forest school teacher about first aid situations and it's surptising how many cases suggest just leaving that person behind lol. There fault for getting injured I guess haha.

comanighttrain
21-07-2011, 03:48 PM
haha saint, Going by some people i've seen out on the mountains it would actually be more appropriate to mercy kill them

Silverback
21-07-2011, 04:18 PM
haha saint, Going by some people i've seen out on the mountains it would actually be more appropriate to mercy kill them

Good job theres 3500 others that dont think that then eh :D