PDA

View Full Version : Hello all.

Paul Morris
13-07-2011, 09:36 PM
My name is Paul and Im very much a newbie to the world of bushcraft.

I live and work in the countryside, so have a good understanding of the natural world. But I would love to learn more about the 'art' of bushcraft so I can add something more to my outdoor life. I scout a bit, fly birds of prey and spend as much time away from four walls as possible.

Looking forward to learning from you all.

Paul.

RobbC
13-07-2011, 10:05 PM
Hey Paul, welcome to Natural Bushcraft! :welcome:

Robb

jus_young
13-07-2011, 10:48 PM
Hi Paul, welcome to NB from me!

Paul Morris
14-07-2011, 08:37 PM
Thanks for the welcome.

Have loads of questions to ask. Am planning a Scotland trip next year, probably a coast to coast, wild camping on the way.

Martin
14-07-2011, 09:00 PM
Hey Paul, a very warm welcome to the NaturalBushcraft forum. :)

Martin

jus_young
14-07-2011, 09:40 PM
Very nice looking falcon there Paul. One of yours?

Matt
16-07-2011, 08:43 AM
Hey Paul,

Hello and :welcome:

Paul Morris
18-07-2011, 12:01 PM
Very nice looking falcon there Paul. One of yours?
Thanks, yes he is. Hes one of my working birds used to clear sites of Gulls and Pigeons, ect.

Also provides me with the occasional portion of wild food (in season of course).

Paul.

jus_young
18-07-2011, 10:56 PM
Thanks, yes he is. Hes one of my working birds used to clear sites of Gulls and Pigeons, ect.

Also provides me with the occasional portion of wild food (in season of course).

Paul.

Ahh the life of Falconry. I was an austringer myself until the death of my hawk a few years back. Miss it immensely but time dictates another lifestyle at the moment.

Paul Morris
19-07-2011, 10:22 PM
Ahh the life of Falconry. I was an austringer myself until the death of my hawk a few years back. Miss it immensely but time dictates another lifestyle at the moment.
Gos?

Falconry does take over your life and doesnt leave alot of time for other things. Its my job, so it does pay for itself, kind of, and I have friends who feed them while Im away. But planning a long trip away, trekking or biviing does take some extra thought, because you cant get home quickly if theres a problem.

Paul.

jus_young
20-07-2011, 04:03 PM
Gos?

Falconry does take over your life and doesnt leave alot of time for other things. Its my job, so it does pay for itself, kind of, and I have friends who feed them while Im away. But planning a long trip away, trekking or biviing does take some extra thought, because you cant get home quickly if theres a problem.

Paul.

The gos was a hawk of dreams. I just had a humble harris. Lovely bird and excellent manner, was a shame to lose him.

Ben Casey
21-07-2011, 10:01 AM
Hi there from me to :)