PDA

View Full Version : Strange goings on

comanighttrain
04-07-2011, 08:05 AM
Anyone ever seen animals up to mischief?

I was sitting on the bus on the way back from a slog. As we passed a field i seen something that actually left my jaw hanging open. There was a group of cows running energetically and the lead cow was jumping and driving its hooves down with force... they were chasing a grouse. what the hell?

ANDYRAF
04-07-2011, 08:15 AM
Maybe it was the one from the whiskey advert and they decided they were sick of that stupid music.

Andy

JonnyP
04-07-2011, 09:03 AM
Anyone ever seen animals up to mischief?

I was sitting on the bus on the way back from a slog. As we passed a field i seen something that actually left my jaw hanging open. There was a group of cows running energetically and the lead cow was jumping and driving its hooves down with force... they were chasing a grouse. what the hell?
I live next to a field of cows and have seen this happen when our ducks or chickens get into the field. They look like they are going to trample the bird, but they haven't done yet. As the bird runs about trying to get away, it spooks the cows. Its like the cows are trying to bully the bird, but are still a bit scared of it. I dunno..
I have also seen the whole herd chase a fox across the field. Normally a fox will pass through cattle and they don't even bat an eyelid.
Its probably young heffers (they are here). They can be a bit lively at times.

Bushwhacker
04-07-2011, 09:38 AM
Last year I saw heifers chasing a badger across a field mid-afternoon. Brock had his skates on sharpish, going like the clappers he was.