PDA

View Full Version : Hello From The North West...

mstaines
28-06-2011, 01:53 PM
Hello Everyone,

Been a member of the forum for a few weeks now and really enjoying reading through the wealth of knowledge you guys have to offer...

This has to be the best Bushcraft Website/Forum/Source Of Knowledge I have visited, so thanks Natural Bushcraft.

Still getting my kit together, but that first overnighter is getting ever closer...

Look forward to meeting some of you at future events,

Regards, Mick (Jester)

Martin
28-06-2011, 02:13 PM
Hey Mick, a very warm welcome to the NaturalBushcraft forum. Looking forward to hearing about your first overnighter. :)

All the best

Martin

Ben Casey
28-06-2011, 03:57 PM
Hi there from me :)

Silverback
28-06-2011, 04:47 PM
Eyup Mick, a big hello from t'ovver t'ill in Yorkshire.

mstaines
28-06-2011, 05:39 PM
Eyup Mick, a big hello from t'ovver t'ill in Yorkshire.

Thanks Sapper... My Mum's from Yorkshire (Maltby nr Rotherham),so understood every word !

Silverback
28-06-2011, 06:06 PM
Thanks Sapper... My Mum's from Yorkshire (Maltby nr Rotherham),so understood every word !

Seriously ? Bugger me small world int' it. My missus & her family are from Maltby & that neck of the woods. My mother in law still lives there.

mstaines
28-06-2011, 06:13 PM
Seriously ? Bugger me small world int' it. My missus & her family are from Maltby & that neck of the woods. My mother in law still lives there.

My Mum left Maltby when she was little, but my Aunty still lives on Braithwell Road and used to run the Post Office back in the 70's - 80's...

Adam Savage
28-06-2011, 06:29 PM
Welcome to the forum Mick.

Hopefully see you at a meet some time buddy.

Adam

Silverback
28-06-2011, 06:32 PM
my Aunty still lives on Braithwell Road and used to run the Post Office back in the 70's - 80's...

MIL lives on Malwood Way off Grange Lane. We live a bit further North now though on the West Yorkshire/Peak District border - ish

Gives us a really good excuse for a meet dont you think ?

Wayne (sapper)

Metal mug
28-06-2011, 06:32 PM
Hi Mick. Is that a Jester's hat in your avatar picture? :confused:

mstaines
28-06-2011, 06:43 PM
Welcome to the forum Mick.

Hopefully see you at a meet some time buddy.

Adam

Yes, thanks Adam

mstaines
28-06-2011, 06:47 PM
Hi Mick. Is that a Jester's hat in your avatar picture? :confused:

Yes it is... And for anybody who's wondering... No I'm not a REAL Jester. It all stems from when I was a kid and wanted to be a clown, alongside Charlie Carolie at Blackpool circus. I have since learned to juggle and ride a uni-cycle and during this time I bought the hat (Seemed the right thing to do at the time).

If anybody is familiar with Geocaching (Treasure hunting with a GPS) my Geocaching name is GPSJester, hence Jester...

Ashley Cawley
29-06-2011, 10:30 AM
:welcome: to our friendly community Mick.

There are a few kit lists dotted around the website and forum if you need any help on ideas etc.

mstaines
29-06-2011, 03:22 PM
:welcome: to our friendly community Mick.

There are a few kit lists dotted around the website and forum if you need any help on ideas etc.

Thanks Ashley, am studying pretty much everything on your brilliant site/forum, at the moment... Thanks for the warm welcome !

Matt
16-07-2011, 08:58 AM
Hey Mick,

Hello and :welcome: