PDA

View Full Version : Bushcrafters worst nightmare

Metal mug
14-06-2011, 10:49 AM
Oh no! The worst thing has happened........I don't think I need anymore gear. :D

Humakt
14-06-2011, 11:04 AM
Don't worry, give it a bit of time and you will...

Humakt
14-06-2011, 11:05 AM
Anyway, you do know the difference between 'need' and 'want', don't you?

luresalive
14-06-2011, 05:52 PM
Thats an impossibility!!!

Martin
14-06-2011, 06:57 PM
I agree Jack, I haven't bought anything for ages and ages. It would appear that I've reached the summit of bushcraft kit ownership. :(

Think I need another hobby now.

Martin

jbrown14
14-06-2011, 10:50 PM
Yer all daft.
The summit of kit ownership is never reached, there's always a higher peak to attain.
To paraphrase Seamus Kennedy: "Lighter and faster!"
http://gossamergear.com/

Notredame11211
15-06-2011, 05:05 AM
Oh no! The worst thing has happened........I don't think I need anymore gear. :D

Good for you, It was very hard for me to get past that phase in my life......

Adam Savage
15-06-2011, 10:29 AM
Have you got a full tropical set up, full temperate set up, full arctic set up, lunar set up and fall out set up? Unless you can tick all the above, then you haven't reached the summit.

N.B. The lunar set up could be replaced with martian set up if needs be... :p

JEEP
15-06-2011, 10:43 AM
Heresy! :campfire::mad2::campfire:

feebullet
15-06-2011, 11:35 AM
when you have all your gear, start making your own or personalizing every bit of kit you own. Then your mates will want you to knock one out for them, next thing you know you have a cottage industry that you enjoy financially rewarding the time you put into it!

Metal mug
15-06-2011, 12:07 PM
I agree Jack, I haven't bought anything for ages and ages. It would appear that I've reached the summit of bushcraft kit ownership. :(

Think I need another hobby now.

MartinHow about building one of those outdoor hornby sets in your garden. You can have tea delivered by train on the back of a flatbed wagon. :)

scorpian
15-06-2011, 08:29 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, right thought about it, and the answer is no, always want something else!

so now what can i buy next? maybe a swedish aupair for my basha hee hee.

Jack Russell
15-06-2011, 09:16 PM
I've reached a natural bushcraft conclusion in two parts...............
a: when I have as much gear to review and extoll the virtues of as Jakob has - I'll stop buying or making it.

b: when Jakob says he's finished "collecting" gear, then so have I!!!!

Adam Savage
15-06-2011, 09:23 PM
a: when I have as much gear to review and extoll the virtues of as Jakob has - I'll stop buying or making it.

I don't think that will ever happen, given his job and favourite past time. Mind you, I think the reps have a lot to answer for, tempting him with all those goodies all the time.

comanighttrain
15-06-2011, 09:52 PM
If you have all the kit you need...for this environment. Start your Jungle or Polar gear collection now!

Ben Casey
15-06-2011, 10:31 PM
If you have all the kit you need...for this environment. Start your Jungle or Polar gear collection now!

Would you need much in the Polar all you need is an Igloo and eat raw fish I think there isnt much there or there wasnt till Global melting :)

Adam Savage
15-06-2011, 10:34 PM
Would you need much in the Polar all you need is an Igloo and eat raw fish I think there isnt much there or there wasnt till Global melting :)

You still awake? Quick call the nurse again, he's out of bed. Is polar not a car made by a german company??? :p

Ben Casey
15-06-2011, 10:35 PM
You still awake? Quick call the nurse again, he's out of bed. Is polar not a car made by a german company??? :p

I had to get up Family Guy is on :D

JEEP
16-06-2011, 06:36 AM

I have more gear than I need - but that is not the same as enough ;)

I don't think that will ever happen, given his job and favourite past time. Mind you, I think the reps have a lot to answer for, tempting him with all those goodies all the time.

True :D

Metal mug
16-06-2011, 05:13 PM
If you have all the kit you need...for this environment. Start your Jungle or Polar gear collection now!Good point, maybe i'll start collecting nuclear disaster kit.

Adam Savage
16-06-2011, 05:18 PM
Good point, maybe i'll start collecting nuclear disaster kit.

I have the top and trousers of a US NBC suit, never used, if you're interested lol

Metal mug
16-06-2011, 05:20 PM
Hmmm only if it's the right price. ;)

Ben Casey
16-06-2011, 06:43 PM
I have the top and trousers of a US NBC suit, never used, if you're interested lol

I prefer the brit issue you get nice and balck in them :D

Adam Savage
16-06-2011, 06:51 PM
I prefer the brit issue you get nice and balck in them :D

I have a Brit NBC smock, the inside has pretty much disintegrated now, and makes you itch like a good un lol.

Ben Casey
16-06-2011, 06:54 PM
I have a Brit NBC smock, the inside has pretty much disintegrated now, and makes you itch like a good un lol.

Oh the memories of the insides and the itching nothing better than being in one all week in the middle of summer LOL

Adam Savage
16-06-2011, 06:57 PM
Oh the memories of the insides and the itching nothing better than being in one all week in the middle of summer LOL

:off-topic:

I think we're getting to that point again

Ben Casey
16-06-2011, 07:01 PM
Opps my worst nightmare is sorting my kit out when I get ready to go away I always forget something :D