PDA

View Full Version : Hi all

fridgman
13-06-2011, 06:34 PM
I've been wandering around the forum for a few weeks and thought I should introduce myself. My username relates to my trade as a commercial refrigeration engineer but my name is Nick and I live in Lowestoft, Suffolk.
I have been a fan of survivalism since a child and grew up with the tales of lofty wiseman. Once an army cadet I am now an Instructor with the Army Cadet Force and have a great interest in all things military, outdoor, shooting and all that.
The concept of 'making do' has followed throughout life and of course comes out clearly with my interest in bushcraft, but more importantly as a way of being frugal in all things I do.
In cadet mode I am camping outdoors using nothing more than a basha and sleeping bag and cook using a hex stove and set of messtins. The whole ethos of fieldcraft is about being able to use the environment your in to suit your needs, albeit for battle reasons and then relevant military methodologies follow from there.
In family camping mode life becomes a little more luxury but still find ways of making things better with minimal resources.
In a nutshell I love the outdoors and everything that can be gained from it.

Ben Casey
13-06-2011, 07:11 PM
Hi There from me I was with the cadets down there for awhile not long though :)

jus_young
13-06-2011, 08:50 PM
:welcome: to the NB family

Martin
14-06-2011, 07:41 PM
Hey Nick, a very warm welcome to the NaturalBushcraft forum from the Plymouth and Cornwall Wing ATC. :)

Martin

Roadkillphil
16-06-2011, 08:08 PM
:welcome: Evenin All :D

scorpian
16-06-2011, 10:44 PM
greetings from ''sunny Guernsey'', well it is some of the time.

Matt
19-06-2011, 09:11 AM
Hey Nick, :welcome:

Ashley Cawley
20-06-2011, 10:55 AM
Welcome to our friendly community bud :)