PDA

View Full Version : Wild camp in Ash Spoon Copse

bivouac jack
30-05-2011, 04:15 PM
My friend Landowner John informed me that he had heard the cuckoo recently on one of his farms.So without further ado I set out to try and record it.I have not heard the cuckoo for the last 3 years now and this concerns me.
So,I set off for my selected spot,setup tarp and hammock and settled in for the night.
I decided to carve a spoon(the first one) whilst I waited for darkness to fall.
I made a short video which you may like to see.
Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMVSQ8226zw
Hope you find it of interest.
Best wishes to one and all
Sandy aka Bivouac Jack:)

swkieran
30-05-2011, 11:20 PM
another great video sandy :) keep em coming i really like youre approach,and i hope youre wife liked the spoon you carved :),atb kieran

bivouac jack
31-05-2011, 06:38 AM
another great video sandy :) keep em coming i really like youre approach,and i hope youre wife liked the spoon you carved :),atb kieran

Kieran,
I'm glad you liked it.I find Youtube a wonderful resource as I have learned so much from other people's video's there.I guess you could say "Monkey see,monkey do"!Also as I get older I and my family will be able to look back and view these little adventures on youtube.
That will be most interesting!
More to follow soon I hope!
Sandy

Edwin
02-06-2011, 09:30 PM
Good to see my old stamping ground on the Downs Thanks. Could almost work out where you were.

fish
03-06-2011, 09:45 AM
enjoyed that,thanks.

Adam Savage
03-06-2011, 09:08 PM
Top video Mr jack. Shame there was no cuckoo action for you to capture. They seem to have greatly calmed down, ready for the summer now. I like the swinging bivvy setup, might try that one myself some time :)

basicbushcraft
04-06-2011, 08:53 PM
keep them coming sandy great videos mate