PDA

View Full Version : A spot of fly tying.

fish
19-05-2011, 09:12 PM
for the first time in a long while i got the fly tying kit out,and was surprised to find that our resident mouse had made the fur and feathers his home in the winter and had reduced to dust most of it for his silk lined bed! still after sorting through it i salvaged enough to make a few flies,and here is one of them i call it the orange man.
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m92/fishfish_01/crafts/DSC01726.jpg

thanks for looking.

RobbC
19-05-2011, 09:28 PM
Fantastic fly u got there! I havent had ma fly tyin kit out for ages either, i think il get it out at the weekend and finally work out how to use the blasted whip finisher.

Robb

fish
19-05-2011, 10:02 PM
i never sussed the whip finisher! lol.

paul standley
19-05-2011, 10:02 PM
Ahh... another hobby I love but not had time for for ages...

Great fly there Fish, there is clearly no end to your talents. 'Fly' & 'Fish'(ing) sort of go together don't you think :-)

Change in circumstances means I should have more free time from next month so hoping to turn out all my vice & tinsel soon...

Looks like it's dressed as a "wet", are you tying to a pattern or being creative ?

Roadkillphil
19-05-2011, 10:14 PM
'Ansome :happy-clapping:

Mang
20-05-2011, 04:45 AM
Thanks for putting this thread on. As I used to love watching my late Grandad making his own...didn't enjoy getting given tons of Trout as a kid though...he was a fish magnet!

fish
20-05-2011, 09:16 AM
thanks for the positive comments chaps,i used to tye proffesionally when i was a teenager,used to supply some very posh shops.

Looks like it's dressed as a "wet", are you tying to a pattern or being creative ?

yep a wetfly of my own pattern,the mouse ate most of the good feathers!