PDA

View Full Version : My Latest Wild camp video

bivouac jack
18-05-2011, 09:13 PM
Tried my Honey stove out in anger for the first time last week 13/05/11 and it worked great.The dawn chorus was amazing.I wish I could identify more of the birds by their calls!I would love to hear the cuckoo again and the nightingale.There is a wood nearby called Nightingale wood.I can see myself doing a low profile one nighter there soon!
Here's the link to the video: http://youtu.be/JF5CTs7WhyE
Hope I've posted this correctly!
Sandy aka Bivouac Jack

Matt
18-05-2011, 09:32 PM
Great video bud, thanks for sharing. Superb dawn chorus :).

Regards,

Matt.

swkieran
19-05-2011, 08:04 PM
brilliant i really enjoy youre videos :),and as matt said beutiful dawn chorus

paul standley
19-05-2011, 09:22 PM
Nice one Jack, keep posting mate...

Paul.

Tony1948
19-05-2011, 11:40 PM
Great vid Jack but I think you were lucky not to get court by the keeper that looked like a keped wood with the amount of feeder and pritteyboys around in the mornning.You be cairfull..............atb........dont get eaten by the bears..........TONY

swkieran
21-05-2011, 08:45 AM
i like the honey stove,looks like an efficient stove were did you buy youres from jack :)

bivouac jack
21-05-2011, 01:05 PM
i like the honey stove,looks like an efficient stove were did you buy youres from jack :)

Hi,
Yes,I am very pleased with this stove and would highly recommend it.I bought it from a company called "Backpacking light" You should find it easy through google.
Cost about £35 and made from stainless steel so should last a good while.The base and top plate both warped from the heat after the first burn,but this doesn't seem to have affected the stove in the least.I am told they all warp a bit!
Sandy

bivouac jack
21-05-2011, 01:07 PM
Great vid Jack but I think you were lucky not to get court by the keeper that looked like a keped wood with the amount of feeder and pritteyboys around in the mornning.You be cairfull..............atb........dont get eaten by the bears..........TONY

Hi Tony,
No worries this time my friend.I know the keeper and landowner so this was a legal camp.
atb Sandy

bivouac jack
21-05-2011, 01:08 PM
Thanks Paul.Going out again next week.
Jack

bivouac jack
21-05-2011, 01:11 PM
Thanks Matt,
I must try and identify more bird species from their calls.Also want to identify positively edible fungi.I find allsorts on my woodland forays.To scared to eat um tho!
Sandy