PDA

View Full Version : So as not to appear rude!!!!!

Jack Russell
18-05-2011, 07:11 PM
Hi folks, looks like the polite thing round here is to do the introductions ............... in answer to the first question I get met with, Yes it really IS Jack Russell - that gets that one out the way for starters.
I grew up in the midlands and spent 25 years working for "the" engineering manufacturer with the world class reputation for quality before chucking it all in to go native in my new permanent home (since spring '08) - Wilderness West Wales. I live now 50 paces from the beach and do most of my bushy around sand dunes and estuary flats - so sorry to the hammock and tarp acrobats, much as I would love to play with a hennessy, I am, by location a ground dweller. Been browsing the forums for a couple 'o weeks and like what I'm seeing. I'm a natural born "tightwad" so only spend money on stuff that earns a place in my generally lightweight packs otherwise I make, scrounge, swap and do what comes naturally. That said, I'm up for poshcrafting wherever the chance arises. Looking forward to having a chat with a lot of you talented and seasoned outdoors folks and ready to share a bit of hard earned knowledge if it's of any use. Enough waffle, cheers, Jack

RobbC
18-05-2011, 07:27 PM
Hi Jack, Welcome to Natural Bushcraft!:welcome:

Robb

Martin
18-05-2011, 07:33 PM
Nice introduction Jack. Here's a very warm welcome to the NaturalBushcraft forum. :)

Martin

comanighttrain
18-05-2011, 07:50 PM
Welcome to the forum Jacko!

swkieran
18-05-2011, 07:55 PM
welcome to nb jack :)

bigzee
18-05-2011, 07:56 PM
Hello mate. I assume it was the company started by Charles Stuart & Henry?
Welcome! from one tightwad to another.

Roadkillphil
18-05-2011, 08:05 PM
:welcome: Evenin all :D

Matt
18-05-2011, 09:17 PM
Hey Jack,

a warm :welcome: to NaturalBushcraft.

Regards,

Matt.

Jack Russell
18-05-2011, 09:23 PM
Thanks guys - I feel all warm an' fuzzy already. @bigzee - it'd be a shame to have to kill you upon first meeting for blowing my cover but................. that'll be the one young man - nowt to do with brum-brums of course I was Derby and Bristol (via the world) - any job that involves suck,squeeze,bang and blow in that order has to be considered a career choice haha.

paul standley
18-05-2011, 09:32 PM
Hi Jack, glad to see you onboard. I'm a Midlander in South Wales.

Jack Russell
18-05-2011, 09:52 PM
@ Paul: there's more Midlanders than Welshies up here in t' Nooorth matey........ they all moved out. We arrived in kilts 'cos we know the sheep have gotten used to the sound of zips son. Why anyone would want to LEAVE this place simply beats me!!!!!

paul standley
18-05-2011, 10:05 PM
Kilts/Zips... love it :-)

Yeah, we live in Gwent up towards the valleys actually and we wouldn't move back, been here 20+ years now, great countryside and great people. Further south in Gwent it's a melting pot of people from all over...

kINGPIN
18-05-2011, 10:38 PM
Quality name mate! Welcome to the forum!

Metal mug
19-05-2011, 07:54 AM
Welcome to the forum Jack, I hope you'll become a regular poster.

Metal mug aka Jack

Ben Casey
19-05-2011, 08:40 AM
Hi from me to Jack :)

bigzee
19-05-2011, 10:08 PM
I used to work in the Notts/Derby area a few years ago, and on one occasion was parked up in a layby on the A611 Hucknall bypass for lunch. Only half way through my first cheese and pickle when I heard this noise nearby which built up to an unholy roaring scream - leading me to think that the world was about to end. A few days later in conversation someone happened to mention the testing facility round the corner from there, and all became clear.

GGGRRRR!!! I take the spoiling of my lunch as a very serious matter, and I only hope you had no part in that henious offence that day.

Jack Russell
21-05-2011, 10:50 PM
I used to work in the Notts/Derby area a few years ago, and on one occasion was parked up in a layby on the A611 Hucknall bypass for lunch. Only half way through my first cheese and pickle when I heard this noise nearby which built up to an unholy roaring scream - leading me to think that the world was about to end. A few days later in conversation someone happened to mention the testing facility round the corner from there, and all became clear.

GGGRRRR!!! I take the spoiling of my lunch as a very serious matter, and I only hope you had no part in that henious offence that day.

Ermmmmmmm sorry matey - take a look at my signature........ I worked Leicester, derby, bristol and the hucknall facility before heading global on military projects and a bit with boeing......... yep I worked on bird strike - explosive charges to destruct turbine blades - icing - windmilling (storm stalling of an engine) - lightening strike - water ingestion. Hucknall is a lot of fun, Derby do all the thrust and emissions stuff but Hucknall take £2m designs and test 'em to self destruct - every schoolboy's idea of a great job haha