PDA

View Full Version : The BBC need navigation lessons

Metal mug
18-05-2011, 09:12 AM
I was watching the news this morning and the BBC were covering a story about the route that the olympic torch will take next year. They showed the route the torch will take around britain starting at land's end and going up to Scotland and back down the east coast to london. Now the funny bit, they said that it'll start due south in Cornwall and then later on they also said that it would pass through Reading in the south west. I think that the beeb need to dust off the old geography books. :) But anyway try and catch the report this evening they've done it twice now i'm hopeing that it will happen again. :ashamed:

happybonzo
18-05-2011, 03:50 PM
If the poor dears ever get outside of Islington it would be a miracle - come to think of it, let's hope they stop there

bigzee
18-05-2011, 03:53 PM
Tschkk!...that would explain why their bloody weather forecasts are mostly wrong then - they've got all the regions mixed up!

KarlUpNorth
14-06-2011, 01:05 PM
For many years, and probably still, the BBC weather people had the Shetland Isles in a box somewhere in the Moray Firth. Many tourists coming to the Isles did not understand that it was a 14 hour overnight ferry crossing, and not an hours pleasure cruise to visit.

Martin
14-06-2011, 06:54 PM
No one at the BBC knows that Cornwall exists outside of July, August and September. Good job really as we can have it to ourselves for the rest of the year. ;)

Martin