PDA

View Full Version : Have I overstepped the mark ?

Kiltie
16-05-2011, 07:35 PM
I'm awaiting a decision on my banning from this site, why, because I unwittingly made comment about a TV celeb who is a member here, now I thought this site would be honest, transparent, and a community for all who shared 'like minds' , as I'm not clairvoyant I seem to have broken an as yet un-written rule on this forum, some people would have read my posting before it was taken down, to these people I urge you to 'keep this a secret' :ashamed:

Kiltie
16-05-2011, 08:29 PM
And the hunch I had was right, this forum is about ' honesty, transparency, and a community for all who share 'like minds' , by my own admission I have in the past over-stepped the mark, I called Crazy-saint a brown-noser which I now know was petty of me and OTT, anyhoo I've had a repreive thankfully, I dont contribute often to this site but I read all the posts which I find very interesting and homely, and my appreciation goes to Ashley and all the crew who make this site what it is, and what it means to people like me, so that said, if you dont see my user name pop up now and again with (usually tripe served cold) then you will know that I have been banned-but in a stealth sort of a way :P

the best to you all
Slainte
Kiltie

swkieran
16-05-2011, 10:56 PM
you must of done something more than calling someone a brown noser etc,im not known for sitting on the fence about certain things myself,but ive always found ash,martin and the team to be fair,and youre allowed much more free speech etc,than on other sites ive visited in the past.anyways good luck with it all m8
kieran

J_P
17-05-2011, 11:04 AM
Hmmmm gave me a wry smile this, id say the guys on here was pretty tippy top, your still posting and this post is still here eh, if it was on another unmentionable forum some one with ill fitting prickly tweed nickers would have ring raped you publicly humiliated you closed the thread and banned you in the twinkle of an eye. Its easy to disrespect someone on a public forum and sit back, mention no names and you cant get reprimanded. Id agree Ash and Martin do a good job its not easy i know i am that soldier.
Id say buddy keep calm and quiet and all will be forgotten.. ;)

comanighttrain
17-05-2011, 11:51 AM
...who is the celebrity?

Also, if you over stepped the mark then just apologise... I'm sure you had no idea they would find out anyway

Woodwose
17-05-2011, 02:32 PM
you must of done something more than calling someone a brown noser etc,im not known for sitting on the fence about certain things myself,but ive always found ash,martin and the team to be fair,and youre allowed much more free speech etc,than on other sites ive visited in the past.anyways good luck with it all m8
kieran

Well I also missed out on the named celeb. But Your Avatar Kieran has to be one of my favourite films... Keith kiss prudence :)

Silverback
17-05-2011, 02:44 PM
QUOTE comanighttrain...who is the celebrity?

I've been on telly does that count ? ;)

comanighttrain
17-05-2011, 02:46 PM
well... only if me being on dutch telly makes me an adult movie star....

Silverback
17-05-2011, 02:50 PM
well... only if me being on dutch telly makes me an adult movie star....

LoL. Seriously though id like to know who the celeb is, I may have some work for them

swkieran
17-05-2011, 03:00 PM
Well I also missed out on the named celeb. But Your Avatar Kieran has to be one of my favourite films... Keith kiss prudence :)

yep one of my favourite films woodwose,a must see for anyone,scary thing is all the characters are so real lol,weve all met a keith,candice,ray,ms beale,finger and onky.its brilliant watching keith hes like a time bomb waiting to go off lol and he does when finger breaks all the campsites rules by breaking branches and lighting his fire lol.

swkieran
17-05-2011, 03:08 PM
http://youtu.be/WCzKOYUvD3E

enjoy people lol

http://youtu.be/p25PU1dBw-A

Ashley Cawley
17-05-2011, 03:27 PM
That's it!... Your all banned! :p

No seriously, as I've said no hard feelings, nothing worth falling out about.

Everyone sssshh... let's go for a brew in the woods :)

:camping:

Silverback
17-05-2011, 05:28 PM
That's it!... Your all banned! :p

Wow must be a record I've only been a member since march ;) ;)

Kiltie
17-05-2011, 08:02 PM
Ok, I exaggerated a bit,
minor celebrity then

feebullet
18-05-2011, 01:24 AM
Avatars and user names give us all the anonymity that we choose, some however hope for elevated status... sadly not in the spirit of bushcraft.

fish
18-05-2011, 09:42 AM
http://youtu.be/WCzKOYUvD3E

enjoy people lol

http://youtu.be/p25PU1dBw-A

ive met sheeple just like them!

Ashley Cawley
18-05-2011, 10:50 AM
I'll closed this thread now as the subject is over & it'll only become a mixed bag. Don't take this as me squashing freedom of speech... feel free to start a new thread about whatever you like! Oll an Gwella one & all.