PDA

View Full Version : Eurovision

Metal mug
14-05-2011, 06:52 PM
Eurovision - Best enjoyed after five pints..............of brandy. :)

Fletching
14-05-2011, 08:03 PM
Somebody shoot me. Please.

swkieran
14-05-2011, 08:10 PM
we got a good act this year:),so ive heard but me thinks eurovision is all political does anyone else agree

bigzee
14-05-2011, 08:50 PM
we got a good act this year:),so ive heard but me thinks eurovision is all political does anyone else agree
It may be a good act (?), but it's not a good song, and that is.... err ...the whole gist of the event, and some of our european cousins seem to have grasped that concept now. Petty we can't do that every year, cos we've got one or two proven songwriters over here eh?

swkieran
14-05-2011, 10:48 PM
yea ive been saying that for years,theres loads of talented music people all over britain,down in the southwest we have the lakeman brothers,and show of hands.But ive enjoyed looking at the beutiful european women tonight lol so for that alone it was worth watching :).german girl was very nice

fish
14-05-2011, 11:23 PM
well i still think the german wench is well nice!

bigzee
14-05-2011, 11:48 PM
La muy bonita senorita de Espana had me walking on three legs!

happybonzo
15-05-2011, 05:44 AM
yea ive been saying that for years,theres loads of talented music people all over britain,down in the southwest we have the lakeman brothers,and show of hands.

Rosie and the Goldbug from Bodmin, if they're still going, might have a wider appeal to a Eurovision audience

Metal mug
15-05-2011, 08:56 AM
I liked the Moldavian entry (well what I saw of it) they had big 4ft high pointy hats. Can't go wrong there. :happy-clapping:

swkieran
15-05-2011, 09:07 AM
i dont know happy bonzo they could be,theres to many people to mention,you often see talented musicians just busking in totnes town centre,i saw Griselda Sanderson the other day in the town,shes a scottish lady whos lived in totnes for years. heres a little bit of info for anyone whos interested.

Griselda is a musician and academic with experience in the fields of traditional Scottish and Irish music as well as contemporary sound art, composition and installation work. She grew up in Clackmannanshire in Central Scotland. As a junior student she attended the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama and was a violinist in the National Youth String orchestra of Scotland during the 1970s. She attained a BA Honours degree (1st Class) in music (Performance and Composition) from Dartington College of Arts in Devon, and continued her research into the oral transmission of traditional Scottish and Irish music in a contemporary context to achieve her doctorate in 2004.

As well as teaching the violin, traditional fiddle, piano and organising youth music workshops, Griselda has been a performance lecturer at Dartington College since 2002. She has also been a practising musician for many years, playing the violin, viola and nyckelharpa on numerous recordings and in performance with traditional British, African, Indian and Swedish musicians in contemporary classical, jazz and pop genres. In the early 1980s she was a member of the early music group The Susato Consort based in Cambridge in which she played the treble viol.

happybonzo
15-05-2011, 09:56 AM
Enjoy - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1Z6CsPJvlo

swkieran
15-05-2011, 10:27 AM
there good :),thanks i enjoyed that happy bonzo

basicbushcraft
15-05-2011, 06:32 PM
didnt watch it lol

Metal mug
15-05-2011, 09:48 PM
"What a beautiful horse!" :D