PDA

View Full Version : Kit Lists - Preparing for a Trip

Ashley Cawley
08-05-2011, 02:26 PM
I think Kit lists can be a good idea to help organise what you before a trip and stop you forgetting things! Also they are good for after a trip to take a look at what you took but didn't actually use, that way they can help you cut down what you take.

I thought I would share with you the blank, template document I use to make my kit lists, here it is:

Template Kit List Download:
Word Version: 1357
PDF Verion: 1358

You'll notice that the file-name of the file seems strange, but it's designed for you to change relevant to the trip your packing for, for example I have a folder full of these kit lists from past trips (they're handy to reference) and I keep them all organised by giving them file names like:
Spring - Feb 2011 - (3 People @ Woodland Valley, Ladock).doc
That way when your looking at a long list of files like is in a folder you can easily find different kit lists from different seasons & locations etc.

If your intrgued to see what it might look like filled out, take a gander at one of my recent kit lists on this thread (http://www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?1278-My-Kist-List-Camping-on-Dartmoor).

Roadkillphil
08-05-2011, 02:35 PM
Sweet, saved!

Cheers Ash

Ben Casey
08-05-2011, 05:00 PM
Cheers mate I have it to now :)

Theenglishcamper
08-05-2011, 05:03 PM
cool i saved it ash thanks for posting

Metal mug
08-05-2011, 06:12 PM
It's simple, but great. :)

garethw
08-05-2011, 06:21 PM
Hi Ash,
I love lists, first thing I did after finding your site, videos and info was to draw up my own list with the gearI had and needed to buy...
Nice idea....thanks
cheers
Gareth
PS: you're missing an 'e' in hygiene.

Ashley Cawley
08-05-2011, 06:51 PM
...you're missing an 'e' in hygiene. Thanks! - Fixed.

kINGPIN
08-05-2011, 10:01 PM
T^ Excellent, thanks very much.