PDA

View Full Version : Canteen cup alcohol stove

bigzee
07-05-2011, 03:14 PM
Found this in the garage earlier (one I'd forgotten about) - which is a modified Lynx can burner and collapsible windshield for a canteen cup.

Burner is made from 2x Lynx can bottoms and one Impulse can bottom. A bit of ali mesh bolted round perimeter to allow 3x swivelling pot stands/legs made from large paper clips. windshield is in two parts- held together by paper fasterners, and is made from supermarket roast foil tray.

Reservoir is filled once (which is absorbed by the loft insulation in pressure chamber), then 1/2 filled, to give total burn time of about 10 mins, which was more than enough for the noodles I just ate.

basicbushcraft
07-05-2011, 04:40 PM
good bit of kit mate

Mouldsy
07-05-2011, 06:34 PM
Nice one mate I made a similar type one out of two red bull tins which fits nicely into my pound-world enamel cup.

paul standley
07-05-2011, 08:21 PM
Methinks you are a bit of stovemeister yourself my friend :-)

bigzee
07-05-2011, 08:38 PM
Methinks you are a bit of stovemeister yourself my friend :-)
I would not like to speculate on the hours spent/wasted in the garage on these (let alone further hours spent smiling at family and friends as they talk, not listening but thinking about these damned stoves,pots,and paraphanelia)

paul standley
07-05-2011, 08:42 PM
I would not like to speculate on the hours spent/wasted in the garage on these (let alone further hours spent smiling at family and friends as they talk, not listening but thinking about these damned stoves,pots,and paraphanelia)

Yes I thought so, can spot us types a mile off - I'll send you the name of my therapist...