PDA

View Full Version : Home made stoves : an important warning!

bigzee
07-05-2011, 02:18 PM
Just found this vid on youtube and it seems appropriate to draw all you DIY stovemakers' attention to it. Always test-run new stoves somewhere sensible which may be indoors, but always allow for the volatility of the thing.

It's a wise precaution to use a tray or some sort of containment area, and big enough to restrain the volume of fuel in the stove should it suddenly decide to leap out!! (A bit like the bunding round vehicle fuel supplies) I'm a bit of a luddite at doing links, so until some one shows me how I'll just tell you its:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D43xN5vyXxU

Enjoy!

bigzee
07-05-2011, 03:22 PM
Thanks for that mate. How is that done exactly (the link thing?)

Ashley Cawley
08-05-2011, 03:40 PM
To insert a video into your post you need to copy the address (also known as URL) from the page the video is on. The "Address bar" is typically at the top of your browser. Then when your making your post click on the little icon that looks like a film strip, paste in the address into the box and press ok.

Ashley Cawley
08-05-2011, 03:45 PM
Meths/Fire is lethal - Remember what we try sometimes (making/using home-made stoves) can be very dangerous. Always test stoves in a safe environment outside & away from other combustible materials unlike the guy in this video! This chap is lucky he got it under control; meths is a nightmare if it starts spreading whilst lit, if it starts spreading the best thing is to starve it of oxygen with a wet towel or something similar.

bigzee
08-05-2011, 09:23 PM
To insert a video into your post you need to copy the address (also known as URL) from the page the video is on. The "Address bar" is typically at the top of your browser. Then when your making your post click on the little icon that looks like a film strip, paste in the address into the box and press ok.
Cheers for that Ash. I've "copied" those instructions (in my diary 'cos I'm old) and I'll try it next time i hit a YT nugget.