PDA

View Full Version : a usefull jacket!

fish
19-04-2011, 08:43 AM
here's a good idea for you,for a while i have adapted my jacket that i use for outdoors ,i have secreted items about it in a style not so far from the special forces escape and evasion jackets.
the items can be bought off eBay or any camping/outdoors shops relatively cheaply, of course in addition to these items you would normally carry good knife ,torch,handline, energy bar etc in the pockets.
Here's a few ideas for you:

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m92/fishfish_01/crafts/undpm.jpg

1) snare wires,threaded into the hood rim,and waist band.

2) fishing line,this is threaded onto a needle and literally tack stitched into the zip flap running up and down you can get a fair bit in there maybe 30feet.

3) wire saw, this is threaded with some snares into the bottom of the jacket.

4) button compass.made famous by the RAF in WW2. a real button type can be sewn into the cuff of te jacket or a plastic survival type can be slipped into the flap of the pocket which is double layered,by means of a small slit.i have before now super glued one to the inside of my cuff.

5) safety pins. attach these inside pockets under flaps where ever you want,to save getting aught up on hem and them coming undone,lightly close the end with a pair of pliers.they are easily opened again with a thumb nail.

6) fire strike rod. get rid of the striker an the plastic handle so you are left with just a rod,insert-into a pocket flap via a small slit.

7) pen knife. sew a meter of para cord into a pocket by the and,then attach the knife to t,that way its attached to you and isn't so easily lost.

8) fishing hooks. have several sizes.these are best stuck to electrical tape in a row then another bit of ape over the top to seal them from damp.again secrete in any pocket flap or glue into a pocket.

9) signal whistle. again attach it to a piece of cord and secure inside a pocket.

hope this is of some use to you.