PDA

View Full Version : One For Jakob

Martin
17-04-2011, 05:37 PM
Now then Jakob. You don't have to wonder about the Cornish Pasty any longer. Enjoy!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-13108585

Martin

JEEP
19-04-2011, 07:40 PM
Oooh. I'll have to visit that shop newt time I go to Copenhagen - which I rarely do though, as there are way too many people and way to few trees.

Martin
19-04-2011, 08:17 PM
Well, when you do visit, and if you do sample the delights of the Cornish Pasty, please be sure to report back.

For comparison, a decent pasty will set you back between £1 and £2 in Cornwall, unless you go to the tourist hot spots where you can double those prices. :)

Martin

swkieran
20-04-2011, 11:03 PM
a hearty meal in pastry :),and the history to go with them

bigzee
20-04-2011, 11:26 PM
Well, when you do visit, and if you do sample the delights of the Cornish Pasty, please be sure to report back.

For comparison, a decent pasty will set you back between £1 and £2 in Cornwall, unless you go to the tourist hot spots where you can double those prices. :)

Martin

A packet of Rennie is extra though!!!

happybonzo
21-04-2011, 05:56 AM
One for the Cornish members: isn't there some woman down on the Lizard Penisula who makes "Pasties" and has been doing so for years? I believe that she crimps the things over the top and will have to stop calling her products "Pasties" since the EU protected product status?

And while we're on the subject - where do you reckon that you can get the best Pasty in Kernow? On the mass produced front I'd say that the offerings from the West Cornwall Pasty Co. seem to be pretty good but they don't seem to have an outlet in Cornwall.

swkieran
21-04-2011, 10:32 AM
yeah thats true hb,there was some debarcle,but cant remember the full details,a proper traditional pasty was allways crimped at the top,it was a handle,they used to throw the pastys down the cornish mines for the workers :).now the humble pasty is a snack/treat.

happybonzo
21-04-2011, 11:30 AM
now the humble pasty is a snack/treat.

Unless it comes from Ginsters...

----

Bet the EU try to stop the poor woman from earning a living.

Martin
21-04-2011, 11:31 AM
Unless it comes from Ginsters...

A phrase which is likely to land you a ban or a severe reduction in your post count if you were to repeat it. ;) :p

Martin