Hi A where are you?

And anyone :)

Adam Savage
15-04-2011, 02:13 PM
I'm here. Was out secret squirrelling around newbottle spinney lol

Ben Casey
15-04-2011, 04:04 PM
I'm here. Was out secret squirrelling around newbottle spinney lol

Yeah mate I had had a look at the vid and pics it looked cool :) We will have to get a proper hide built then sit and watch the world walk by. I used to do that in Germany and jump out on people it was fun :))

Adam Savage
15-04-2011, 05:28 PM
Where abouts in Germany did they stick you? I spent a little time at celle

Ben Casey
15-04-2011, 07:11 PM
Oh I done Herford, Verden, Detmold they did send me to england once the SchofInf but after a year they kicked me out to suffer in Germany with all the duty free LOL They even sent me on holiday once to Cyprus for six months that was lovely :D

Adam Savage
15-04-2011, 07:15 PM
Some of the angles I knew went to cyprus, the camp is right next to a beach LOL

Martin
15-04-2011, 07:17 PM
Why don't you chaps go in the chat room? You can chat to your heart's content in there and there won't be a permanent record of your conversation there. :)

Martin

Ben Casey
15-04-2011, 07:17 PM
Mine was the old Airport in Nicosia was hot and dusty but I only had to work with the Brits for 3 days the others I was in an Air conditioned room with the force commander LOL

Adam Savage
15-04-2011, 07:20 PM
Why don't you chaps go in the chat room? You can chat to your heart's content in there and there won't be a permanent record of your conversation there. :)

Martin

Thats a good point Martin, don't want to be told off for divulging confidential informations of a sensitive nature LOL

Ben Casey
15-04-2011, 07:24 PM
Oh well thought it would be better to have this as no one is ever in there :( And I alway flip back and forward bettwen here and FB

Adam Savage
17-04-2011, 12:45 PM
If we get Martin involved, it could be A,B and M chit chat. Or would we have to put the M first? you know...seeing as he's a moderator and all ;)

Ben Casey
17-04-2011, 02:15 PM
If we get Martin involved, it could be A,B and M chit chat. Or would we have to put the M first? you know...seeing as he's a moderator and all ;)

That would br a great Idea we will have to ask him :D Do you know how to as I see you put only grown ups have common sense in a thread that counts us out :D
I was going to try that cotton wool brush dipped in Meths it sounded a really cool way of cleaning up :D

Adam Savage
17-04-2011, 02:36 PM
I can't remember who it is, but someone has a signature that reads "mummy, when I grow up, I want to be a bushcrafter" to which the mother replies "Don't be silly dear, you can't do both" lol

And I'm sure the meths soaked cotton wool broom, would brighten the place up a little, even if it is just for a short second or two LOL

Ben Casey
17-04-2011, 02:44 PM
I know but I might get banned from all other meetings LOL I have a mixture of meths and petrol at the min tho as I had a bit of both left over so I could have ago and see what it burns like :) Just a shame we havent got any thunder flashes they would wake everyone up in the morning LMAO

Adam Savage
17-04-2011, 02:47 PM
OOOOOOW, I think I know where to get some LOL

Ben Casey
17-04-2011, 02:51 PM
OOOOOOW, I think I know where to get some LOL

Yeah that will be great and don't forget we may need a old skid lid to put one under so it flies high in the sky the first time I saw that I thought WOW it was so cool :D The best was when we borrowed detonators and played with them though with powder taken from rounds and a battery :D

Adam Savage
17-04-2011, 02:55 PM
We stripped them and stuck them in those rubber practice grenades, block the end with pennies and you have a frag grenade LOL

Just checked the site, can get Mk5 thunderflashes for 10.08 inc delivery for two. they also sell flash bangs, now theres an idea....hahahaha

Ben Casey
17-04-2011, 02:56 PM
We stripped them and stuck them in those rubber practice grenades, block the end with pennies and you have a frag grenade LOL

Just checked the site, can get Mk5 thunderflashes for 10.08 inc delivery for two. they also sell flash bangs, now theres an idea....hahahaha

Stick the link on then mate :)

Ben Casey
17-04-2011, 03:01 PM
Just been thinking when I read some of the posts and everyone goes on about widow makers when I was out in the woods in Germany we never checked for them mind you most of the time I had the old skid lid on :D

Adam Savage
17-04-2011, 03:06 PM
http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/acatalog/Bangs_and_Flashes.html

Yeah the old kevlar would have stopped you getting crushed, I'm sure lol

Ben Casey
17-04-2011, 03:15 PM
http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/acatalog/Bangs_and_Flashes.html

Yeah the old kevlar would have stopped you getting crushed, I'm sure lol

They have some cool kit on there my first helmet was one of the old tin things with a spike at the top :)

Adam Savage
17-04-2011, 03:18 PM
Sounds very stylish. And I want almost all of their toys on there, the flash bangs, thunderflashes and the smoke grenades....oh the fun to be had

Ben Casey
17-04-2011, 03:22 PM
Sounds very stylish. And I want almost all of their toys on there, the flash bangs, thunderflashes and the smoke grenades....oh the fun to be had

Yeah I know the shame is I haven't got enough money for it all :(
I have just been looking at this http://www.mod.uk/NR/rdonlyres/63EFCE20-1035-41D6-B6C6-CBDED007B17D/0/SalisburyPlain.pdf

It could be an idea for a meet and it has a circular walk talking 3 days so anyone wanting to hike could set of and we could perhaps have a proper base camp and all :)

I know totally different subject but thats what this is for :D

Adam Savage
17-04-2011, 03:25 PM
Do you think they would let us play in the german village? lol

Ben Casey
17-04-2011, 03:30 PM
Do you think they would let us play in the german village? lol

I'm sure if we got lost they wouldnt mind :D

Adam Savage
17-04-2011, 04:11 PM
It would be a mystery how the bearing found it's way onto the compass....

Ben Casey
17-04-2011, 07:04 PM
It would be a mystery how the bearing found it's way onto the compass....

I was known to go west when I should have went East and only realised after a good few miles we could blag it :)

Adam Savage
17-04-2011, 08:47 PM
lol I have a button compass where north is actually NW (made in china so painted the numbers in the wrong places lol)

Martin
17-04-2011, 08:53 PM
lol I have a button compass where north is actually NW (made in china so painted the numbers in the wrong places lol)

Don't be daft. lol

The needle will still point north, you have to line the directions up with the needle, surely. :rolleyes:

Martin

Adam Savage
17-04-2011, 08:58 PM
haha. It is a very high tech piece of...erm...equipment. lol

Adam Savage
17-04-2011, 09:14 PM
hey Ben, just found a link of the old compo menus, I don't remember any "spangles" in mine...

http://www.forces80.com/ration_pack.htm

Ben Casey
17-04-2011, 09:45 PM
Yeah mate they used to do them in the time when you always got tracing paper for toilet roll never cleaned you but didnt half scratch :D They used to do Marg. Jam and Condensed milk in a tube that why I orederd the Coghlan's Squeeze Tubes (2 PK) I'm going to try and use them for the RV and in the 10 man rat packs you always got lid covers for the tins I have ordered some from Ebay :)

Adam Savage
17-04-2011, 09:50 PM
How come I don't remember the spangles? I remember everything else (including the baking paper) but not those...my memory is shot these days thoguh LOL

Ben Casey
17-04-2011, 09:58 PM
I think it was a short lived thing as after awhile it went to boiled sweets I can only remember spangles from a long long time ago

Adam Savage
17-04-2011, 09:59 PM
Oh yeah, I remember boiled sweets

Ben Casey
17-04-2011, 10:01 PM
Oh yeah, I remember boiled sweets

Remember the 10 man packs when you got boiled sweets and choclate bars in a tin and tinned sausages those where the days :D

Adam Savage
17-04-2011, 10:06 PM
Remember the 10 man packs when you got boiled sweets and choclate bars in a tin and tinned sausages those where the days :D

See my mind has a lot of grey areas since my accident LOL, I can't remember the 10mans, I remember bits n pieces of what could be called food, thrown at me from a few feet away. I think I was also always half asleep when it happened. Used to stay awake for 3-4 days on the trot, jumping from point to point, before settling somewhere for a full night.

Ben Casey
17-04-2011, 10:11 PM
Yeah same here mate we had to move location every eight hours it took two hours to setup the comms and cam then we had to eat sleep do stags and move again :( Worst was if we had to move and it was your turn to kip youhad to saty up and either drive the 432 or command it :D

Adam Savage
17-04-2011, 10:14 PM
We were always chauffeur driven about lol, normally the daffy but sometimes the 4 tonner, rode in the back of a 432 a couple times and a scimitar once, but that was part of an emergency drill, something to do with being flexible or something haha

Ben Casey
17-04-2011, 10:17 PM
We were always chauffeur driven about lol, normally the daffy but sometimes the 4 tonner, rode in the back of a 432 a couple times and a scimitar once, but that was part of an emergency drill, something to do with being flexible or something haha

You had to be fleible in a 432 they where illegal in Germany (I got told at some point) but the Army never said it was something to do with the steering not being acceptable to the Germans :)

Oh and we have moved of the topic again in the hammock forum :D

Adam Savage
17-04-2011, 10:25 PM
LOL we did a little CQB and the drop vehicle was an old 432 I think. That's when we got to play with flash bangs, ladders and grappling hooks. all the FIBUA stuff basically, cutting fencing with the bayonet and scabbard (useless thing that was) crawling through sewers. got told to do some nasty things too. luckily the press don't know some of the things that go on in there lol

Ben Casey
17-04-2011, 10:31 PM
Yous guys had all the fun na we did that to I had a great time in the School of Inf doing that stuff unluckly for us have our SNCOs didnt have a clue what they where meant to be teaching in CQB and FIBUA.
Did you ever get to Camp Vogelsang that was a cool place an old SS training camp?
I done the old tin can alley once as a civvy now that was cool petrol bombing squaddies and having riots :)

Ben Casey
17-04-2011, 10:38 PM
I cant find that thread I was looking for I think it was something to do with axes or knives old age setting in :( Im of now so chat in the morning have a good night :)

Adam Savage
17-04-2011, 10:39 PM
LOL no we just played in the thetford village, built by the MOD just for training, think it was built for readying the troops for geman patrol when the berlin wall was up, but got finished 2 months before the wall came down LOL. Never had the pleasure of tin can alley though haha. Did a thing called the lone gunman, where you walk down a track and targets pop up, you have to dive, roll, crawl, then fire, either kneeling or in the prone, depends what was between you and the target. The assessor followed about 10 yards behind. scared the bejesus out of him once, dived on the floor, rolled, and ended up facing him LOL

Adam Savage
17-04-2011, 10:39 PM
night buddy

Ben Casey
17-04-2011, 10:40 PM
LOL no we just played in the thetford village, built by the MOD just for training, think it was built for readying the troops for geman patrol when the berlin wall was up, but got finished 2 months before the wall came down LOL. Never had the pleasure of tin can alley though haha. Did a thing called the lone gunman, where you walk down a track and targets pop up, you have to dive, roll, crawl, then fire, either kneeling or in the prone, depends what was between you and the target. The assessor followed about 10 yards behind. scared the shit out of him once, dived on the floor, rolled, and ended up facing him LOL

Yeah we done that I cant remember the exact name they had for it :) Anyway catch you in the morn Im of now :)

Ben Casey
18-04-2011, 07:35 AM
Hi Adam your inbox is full :)

Adam Savage
18-04-2011, 07:39 AM
I need to go spank myself. Luckily I'm away to Ivans wednesday, and straight off to the RV after, which gives me less chance to get up to mischief

Ben Casey
18-04-2011, 07:41 AM
I need to go spank myself. Luckily I'm away to Ivans wednesday, and straight off to the RV after, which gives me less chance to get up to mischief

Who will I have banter with then then :(

Adam Savage
18-04-2011, 07:41 AM
your coming to the RV anyway LOL

Ivan
18-04-2011, 07:43 AM
Morning guys ! is this your own top secret thread ? or can mere mortals join in ?

Adam Savage
18-04-2011, 07:44 AM
Hey Ivan, Feel free to jump in mate. Your up n about early

Ivan
18-04-2011, 07:46 AM
Yeah got some happy campers coming today , from Gloucester and Huddersfield ! good news travel far and wide

Ben Casey
18-04-2011, 07:46 AM
Morning guys ! is this your own top secret thread ? or can mere mortals join in ?

Hi There Ivan anyone can jump in :D The more the merrier. I think the main idea behind the thread is because Adam and me keep going of thread and are a bit to radom LOL
So if it gets confussing the better it is :D

Adam Savage
18-04-2011, 07:48 AM
I tried to stop but the nasty man made me do it ;)

Ben Casey
your coming to the RV anyway LOL

Yeah thats true ;) It sounds like your going to have a fun time at Ivans :)

Adam Savage
Yeah got some happy campers coming today , from Gloucester and Huddersfield ! good news travel far and wide

It does, And the number of return visitors proves how nice your place is too

Ben Casey
Yeah thats true ;) It sounds like your going to have a fun time at Ivans :)

Not me mate you misled me LMAO

Adam Savage
18-04-2011, 07:50 AM
I noticed the infamous thread going, but it was too late, and I didn't want to be rude LOL

Ben Casey
18-04-2011, 07:52 AM
I said you know but it just happend funny I see it going and think oh well here we go again :D

Anyway guys Im of to the docs now have to get my prescription just happy I dont have to pay for it or I would be well skint have a nice chat and catch you later ;)

Ivan
18-04-2011, 07:54 AM
Just got back after 2 nights camping with Badger and his missus and two teenage boys ! good fun , great company and magic weather, had one of my fires ! last night let off some chinese lanterns , shooting , several beers fell off my chair ! 2 nights in a bed now as that hard taskmaster Adam is coming for a weight carrying route march on Weds !! need to prepare , Oh and Adam if its no bother can you come a bit earlier , as we probably have to set up away from the paying guests, and the quad is away on holiday !

Adam Savage
18-04-2011, 07:54 AM
I said you know but it just happend funny I see it going and think oh well here we go again :D

Anyway guys Im of to the docs now have to get my prescription just happy I dont have to pay for it or I would be well skint have a nice chat and catch you later ;)

ok buddy, catch ya later

Adam Savage
18-04-2011, 07:58 AM
Just got back after 2 nights camping with Badger and his missus and two teenage boys ! good fun , great company and magic weather, had one of my fires ! last night let off some chinese lanterns , shooting , several beers fell off my chair ! 2 nights in a bed now as that hard taskmaster Adam is coming for a weight carrying route march on Weds !! need to prepare , Oh and Adam if its no bother can you come a bit earlier , as we probably have to set up away from the paying guests, and the quad is away on holiday !

Ok mate, What sort of time would be best? I can try to set off at 9-10 to get there around 1-2 if that helps.

Ivan
18-04-2011, 08:02 AM
That would be great , give you a bit more time to chill after that drive ! and find us a suitable spot , try somewher new , maybe on the moor !! i shall hang on for confirmation , then back up to tidy up before the guests arrive , catch you later pal . Ivan..

Adam Savage
18-04-2011, 08:04 AM
Ok mate, sounds like a plan. I better pack...oh what to wear...what to wear....lol

Ben Casey
18-04-2011, 09:49 AM
Ok mate, sounds like a plan. I better pack...oh what to wear...what to wear....lol

Wish I was going to be there sounds fun maybe next time after the roadtrip and all :)

MikeWilkinson
18-04-2011, 10:12 AM
Just read through all this, Very amusing. I used to be holed up in Dusseldorf and Ratingen (Old man was an engineer) and then spent some time in JHQ at Rheindahlen.
Christ that was nearly 16 years ago. Loved Germany!!

Had my fair share of the old Rat packs with Cadets and then onto the new 24hr packs with the TA and the UOTC. Used to have a play in the old 432 with the REME two/three times a year followed by a little fun with the 512/513 Warrior variants. Not bad for a private in the PWRR and later Officer Cadet in the old 42 NW brigade (now part of Duke of Lancs 4th Battalion) Happy days! I used to stick the boiled sweets, yorkie bar and oat cake into a bag in my map pocket - body heat would melt it all together, after hardening up over night :p make of that what you will! :p made the best high energy trail snack going!!.

Everytime I see your two signatures I keep wanting to stick GRIT or ARSEWO down as mine, not nearly as amusing though - Maybe SANFU and FUBAR.

Martin
18-04-2011, 10:46 AM
Well chaps, I've been promised one of the shiny new rat packs this week. I'll bring it along on the weekend so we can all have a look. :)

Martin

MikeWilkinson
18-04-2011, 10:51 AM
I've got a couple in the garage, courtesy of some rather picky friends still ini the forces, they substitute there own foods for the issue stuff where they can.

Ben Casey
18-04-2011, 11:29 AM
Well chaps, I've been promised one of the shiny new rat packs this week. I'll bring it along on the weekend so we can all have a look. :)

Martin

Hi Martin cool to see you here I cant wait to see the rat pack I would hope you share it :)

Ben Casey
18-04-2011, 11:31 AM
I've got a couple in the garage, courtesy of some rather picky friends still ini the forces, they substitute there own foods for the issue stuff where they can.

Hi Mike I will never understand guys nowadays we used to put anything we didnt eat into a big pot with curry powder and boil it up over ther excersise then have a big curry night follwed by the runs the next day :)

MikeWilkinson
18-04-2011, 11:35 AM
Ahh the good old EndEx Curry, how I don't miss the after effects. Nearly as good as the infamous Range Stew, which I believe was the same process only with gravy granules instead of curry powder!

Ben Casey
18-04-2011, 11:37 AM
Ahh the good old EndEx Curry, how I don't miss the after effects. Nearly as good as the infamous Range Stew, which I believe was the same process only with gravy granules instead of curry powder!

It always amazed me what the Army cooks could make and we used to call them slop jockeys LOL

MikeWilkinson
18-04-2011, 11:45 AM
It always amazed me what the Army cooks could make and we used to call them slop jockeys LOL

Curries, Stews and Spag Bol, When served in the correct order, one blocks you up for an entire week, one keeps you full and content during the week, the other - well you can guess. Takes years of army training to prepare food that can do that!!! :p

Ben Casey
18-04-2011, 11:55 AM
Curries, Stews and Spag Bol, When served in the correct order, one blocks you up for an entire week, one keeps you full and content during the week, the other - well you can guess. Takes years of army training to prepare food that can do that!!! :p

Hit it on the head mate thats why I love compo for when I get out it the woods bungs me up all I need is a beer when I get home and its all gone :P
Love your signature I think you can tell the guys that have been in from the ones we are all starting to use :)

MikeWilkinson
18-04-2011, 12:07 PM
I had to jump on the band wagon Mr B, was far to tempting. It was finding the right one to use that was both thoughtful and amusing at the sametime. Somehow I didn't think SNAFU gave the right message :p.

In case your interested, here is the Poshcrafters alternative to the good ole army 24hr ration pack.

http://www.thejollygourmand.co.uk/selection-packs/gourmet-ration-pack

Ben Casey
18-04-2011, 12:13 PM
I have seen the link but cant remember if I left a comment oppssssss Defo for the poshcrafer LOL

Adam Savage
18-04-2011, 12:51 PM
I'm back from axe shopping LOL, Martin, will be peeking into your bag of goodies at the weekend, see whats new. Welcome Mr Wilkinson, to the jabber box ;) and Ben, Those currys were torture if eaten at the wrong time haha. The bung ups worked well, but come ablutions, it was like dropping depth charges at times :p

MikeWilkinson
18-04-2011, 01:36 PM
Ohhh my backside is twitching at the thought, either dropping bricks or squirting through the eye of the needle, who wouldn't want to go on exercise with the modern army!!

Adam Savage
18-04-2011, 02:04 PM
LOL it's such an appealing thought isn't it haha

MikeWilkinson
18-04-2011, 02:21 PM
Yeah , I loved every minute of it. Now what does that say about my character - Sado-masochistic Idiot with a penchant for abuse outdoors and a gastronomic prevalence for challanging foods.

Ben Casey
18-04-2011, 03:57 PM
Ohhh my backside is twitching at the thought, either dropping bricks or squirting through the eye of the needle, who wouldn't want to go on exercise with the modern army!!

Be honest at the time we hated it now we love it :D Mind you my piles are killing me nowadays ;)

Ben Casey
18-04-2011, 03:59 PM
Yeah , I loved every minute of it. Now what does that say about my character - Sado-masochistic Idiot with a penchant for abuse outdoors and a gastronomic prevalence for challanging foods.

BUSHCRAFT LOL Just a bit more tame now we are a bit older :) Just been thinking to on the old ecers they always brought us spuds to cook. We never had time to cook them so I used to sneak out in the woods at night and plant them I wonder if they ever grew :)

Adam Savage
18-04-2011, 04:58 PM
Be honest at the time we hated it now we love it :D Mind you my piles are killing me nowadays ;)

We only love um now to bring back fond memories, that and the fact we can pick n choose which bits we eat lol

Ben Casey
18-04-2011, 06:10 PM
i with you there mate I have done a upgrade on one of your ideas with the wood for holding the tarp apart at the feet. I have two now one for my head space aswell and I have drilled holes to put the webbing through :) Or is that what you had done already? Anyway you can have a look at the weekend :)

Adam Savage
18-04-2011, 06:20 PM
i just notched the ends, I thought it would be easier to set the hammock up, then wedge the bar between the rope after. We can compare hammocks as well as balls at the weekend now haha

Ben Casey
18-04-2011, 06:32 PM
Gets better all the time I put the holes in as it cant take that long to set it up and if it slips by chance then I was thinking of putting a carb across joining the two slings LOL

Adam Savage
18-04-2011, 06:45 PM
Gets better all the time I put the holes in as it cant take that long to set it up and if it slips by chance then I was thinking of putting a carb across joining the two slings LOL

My brain has gone in to colonel mode, you'll have to show me how you mean LOL

Ben Casey
18-04-2011, 06:53 PM
Hang on I will take a pic it is a bit like yours but the ends are closed :)

BRB

Ben Casey
18-04-2011, 07:02 PM
If you put a hole in it cant slip out these are just rough ones to try out :)

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5146/5631762173_2854204b33.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/60757769@N03/5631762173/)

Adam Savage
18-04-2011, 07:06 PM
Sorry bud, I got what you meant with the holes at the ends, just not the crab on the sling bit haha

Ben Casey
18-04-2011, 07:10 PM
Sorry bud, I got what you meant with the holes at the ends, just not the crab on the sling bit haha

Ah I think I will have to show that erm not sure how to explain might be a bad idea or a hair brained one.

Adam Savage
18-04-2011, 07:14 PM
Well this weekend will be a tester for my tree huggers too, got 10m of 50mm webbing (in olive green lol) and made a loop, then tied knots every few inches, about half way along them, gives me a few fixing points for different widths, without having to wrap them round the tree a zillion times to shorten them lol

Ben Casey
18-04-2011, 07:20 PM
Well this weekend will be a tester for my tree huggers too, got 10m of 50mm webbing (in olive green lol) and made a loop, then tied knots every few inches, about half way along them, gives me a few fixing points for different widths, without having to wrap them round the tree a zillion times to shorten them lol

If you use the correct knot you can shorten without wrapping it around a tree I got shown how to do it once but I cant remember for the life of me how to do it so I just wrap things around things then it gets short enough then Im happy :)

Adam Savage
18-04-2011, 07:26 PM
It's the first time I'll be using huggers, I normally use the ropes, couple times round the tree and tie in a bow, easy. Will see if this is a better way or not I guess lol

Ben Casey
18-04-2011, 10:14 PM
It's the first time I'll be using huggers, I normally use the ropes, couple times round the tree and tie in a bow, easy. Will see if this is a better way or not I guess lol

I prefer the good old granny knot as no matter what knot I do it always ends up there LOL

MikeWilkinson
18-04-2011, 10:22 PM
Get a small stick and tie a marlin spike hitch at the length you want, then hang of the hitch.

Watch from 6 mins onwards

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPpndtQKWH4&feature=related

Adam Savage
18-04-2011, 10:46 PM
I looked at that method, but I'm a simple (and lazy) kinda guy, it looks too complex for my small brain to deal with. LOL

Ben Casey
18-04-2011, 10:56 PM
Erm yip I have a one where I put my fingers through then twist it somehow it seems to work I will show you on the RV what was he doing with the spike :D

Adam Savage
19-04-2011, 09:41 PM
Hello casey two zero zero one....this is saint two two two....last transmission before romeo victor....message....E.T.D. zero... nine... hundred hours....rondevous with sunray at thirteen... hundred....will contact approx twelve... hundred hours, friday....have fun....out!

Martin
19-04-2011, 09:44 PM
Sorry for intercepting your message Adam, you can't trust anyone these days. Enjoy your time at Ivan's look forward to seeing you at the weekend. I have had confirmation that my contact will be providing me with a brand spanking new, unopened rat pack for us to disect at some stage over the weekend.

Martin

Ben Casey
19-04-2011, 10:05 PM
Hello casey two zero zero one....this is saint two two two....last transmission before romeo victor....message....E.T.D. zero... nine... hundred hours....rondevous with sunray at thirteen... hundred....will contact approx twelve... hundred hours, friday....have fun....out!

Hallo Saint two twotwo De Casey two zero zero one have fun with zero thirteen and looking forward to contact dont forget a sitrep out

Oh By the way I was always Zero or Zero Alpha or Zero Delta it just depended on where I was on the battle field and who was with me LOL We will have to sort the call signs out mate :D

Ben Casey
19-04-2011, 10:07 PM
Sorry for intercepting your message Adam, you can't trust anyone these days. Enjoy your time at Ivan's look forward to seeing you at the weekend. I have had confirmation that my contact will be providing me with a brand spanking new, unopened rat pack for us to disect at some stage over the weekend.

Martin

Yummy your our best mate you (Martin) can be ermm Zero Charlie LOL

Ben Casey
20-04-2011, 10:25 PM
Saint two two two still on raio silence there :)

Martin
20-04-2011, 10:27 PM
You missing your oppo Ben? Don't worry mate, only a couple of days.

Just to keep you happy, I had the rat pack delivered today. I haven't opened it, keeping it a surprise for the RV. :)

Martin

Ben Casey
20-04-2011, 10:31 PM
You missing your oppo Ben? Don't worry mate, only a couple of days.

Just to keep you happy, I had the rat pack delivered today. I haven't opened it, keeping it a surprise for the RV. :)

Martin

Miss the old banter it is strange how we always go of on subjects on threads LOL And looking forward to seeing the rat pack where did you get it if I can ask Im thinking of trying the local Army Cadets I used to get them there now and again when I was helping out (I Think it was as a Civillian assistant going for PI).

Martin
21-04-2011, 07:46 AM
Miss the old banter it is strange how we always go of on subjects on threads LOL And looking forward to seeing the rat pack where did you get it if I can ask Im thinking of trying the local Army Cadets I used to get them there now and again when I was helping out (I Think it was as a Civillian assistant going for PI).

Totally legitimate source Ben, but I'll share it with you at the RV rather than on the internet. :)

Martin

MikeWilkinson
21-04-2011, 07:53 AM
Let me know how the Rat pack is, I've only tried bits and pieces from the new packs when some of my former peers don't eat the whole thing, mostly desserts.
Enjoy the RV.

Ben Casey
21-04-2011, 08:07 AM
Totally legitimate source Ben, but I'll share it with you at the RV rather than on the internet. :)

Martin

That would be great :)

Ben Casey
21-04-2011, 08:07 AM
Let me know how the Rat pack is, I've only tried bits and pieces from the new packs when some of my former peers don't eat the whole thing, mostly desserts.
Enjoy the RV.

Will do Mike final day of prep today one more unpack then pack lol

Adam Savage
25-04-2011, 03:51 PM
I'm back home. sorry we had to duck out of the RV, Ivan had a call from Carol, the sludge pump packed up, got there to look at it and the control box had melted, plus the windings on the pump had fried too. Another grand down the pan...literally. Was great to meet Ash, Raven, you (Ben lol) and you, Martin. Have yet to consume the toffee pudding, but polished off the boiled sweets LOL.

Ben Casey
25-04-2011, 10:42 PM
I'm back home. sorry we had to duck out of the RV, Ivan had a call from Carol, the sludge pump packed up, got there to look at it and the control box had melted, plus the windings on the pump had fried too. Another grand down the pan...literally. Was great to meet Ash, Raven, you (Ben lol) and you, Martin. Have yet to consume the toffee pudding, but polished off the boiled sweets LOL.

Hi Mate it was a shame you had to shoot of but Om sure we will get together again :) I hope it all works out ok for Ivan Im knackered here so Im of in the sheower then Bed :)

Adam Savage
26-04-2011, 07:58 AM
Welcome back to civilization. I'm off to Dartmoor again this weekend, try and work a little more on the upcoming meet, as well as meet up with fox,badger,bushwacker and his mate. Might have a spot of squirrel and maybe some crow LOL

Ben Casey
26-04-2011, 10:41 AM
Welcome back to civilization. I'm off to Dartmoor again this weekend, try and work a little more on the upcoming meet, as well as meet up with fox,badger,bushwacker and his mate. Might have a spot of squirrel and maybe some crow LOL

Yeah mate came back to bills and more bills :( I wish I was still out there :) Anyway I saw something about the meet where and when is it I think you want me to do safety with Ivan or something? Anyway if I can it wont be a problem give me the link for it will you? :D

Adam Savage
26-04-2011, 11:11 AM
It's the ten tors challenge Martin is trying to sort out.

http://www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?1074-Ten-Tors-Challenge

Just sorting the final date that everyone can come, using Ivan's place as base camp

Ivan
26-04-2011, 12:10 PM
Hi guys ,sorry Ben we was away early and you were all tucked up ! when we had to shoot , i had a night in bed last night , couldnt sleep ! thats nuts !! we are going to try really hard to catch us a varmint or two to savour at the weekend , not too sure about crow or squirrel , might take the gun into tescos and shoot a nice steak ,managed to get a new pump for the bargain price of £705.00 plus vodka and tonic after much hunting on the tinterweb , off to get it sorted and back up to the site, sod this civilisation ! catch you later ...

Adam Savage
26-04-2011, 12:16 PM
still an expensive piece of ... kit...LOL still a saving of around 300 on the last one. You'll have to let me know what sort of logo you are planning, and maybe an official name for the T-shirts and headed note paper lol

MikeWilkinson
26-04-2011, 02:04 PM
How was the RV guys? It is just that little bit too far for me to get down to at the moment, maybe when the kids are a little bigger and the long haired colonel lets me out for longer. :). How was the new rat pack?

Adam Savage
26-04-2011, 03:41 PM
I only stopped at the RV for Friday night, so not a lot went on while I was there. All of the activities were planned for the saturday and sunday. It was great to meet the guys from here and a couple I met at another meet too. Nice little bar and some burgers too LOL.

Adam Savage
26-04-2011, 03:41 PM
Oh and the new compos are good, they seem to have twice as much in them now. very varied.

Ben Casey
26-04-2011, 07:41 PM
I love the new compos I think I may have to rob the local Army camp LOL Whats that about T-Shirts Adam I will have one LOL Im of to check out the link now and if I can then I will be up for helping out :) Hi Ivan it is a shame you and Adam had to go I walked over in the morning to visit and yous had gone :( I was gonna cry but Ash and Martin and Roadkill cheered me up :D

Adam Savage
26-04-2011, 08:11 PM
Glad the guys kept you happy. Ivan was thinking of having some Ts made up for the organisers (and probably some chosen few) of the meets down his place.

Ben Casey
26-04-2011, 08:40 PM
Glad the guys kept you happy. Ivan was thinking of having some Ts made up for the organisers (and probably some chosen few) of the meets down his place.

That sounds really cool I can hardly wait to see Ivans place :)

Adam Savage
26-04-2011, 08:44 PM
You must have seen the photos from my solo, and here are some pics from the weekend just gone

http://s1024.photobucket.com/albums/y304/crazysaint22/Dartmoor%202%20the%20revenge%20preperation%20weeke nd/

Ben Casey
26-04-2011, 08:47 PM
You must have seen the photos from my solo, and here are some pics from the weekend just gone

http://s1024.photobucket.com/albums/y304/crazysaint22/Dartmoor%202%20the%20revenge%20preperation%20weeke nd/

Hi Mate I have seen your pics and stuff I meant to see it in real life :)

Adam Savage
26-04-2011, 08:51 PM
ooooooooooh lol

Ben Casey
26-04-2011, 08:52 PM
ooooooooooh lol

Your not slapping your forehead I hope LOL

Adam Savage
26-04-2011, 08:56 PM
Nope, been kept busy with instant messages and other posts lol

Ben Casey
26-04-2011, 08:57 PM
Lol

Fletching
27-04-2011, 11:37 AM
If you put a hole in it cant slip out these are just rough ones to try out :)

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5146/5631762173_2854204b33.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/60757769@N03/5631762173/)

Hi guys,

Just spotted this post. I'm using a couple of metal arrows with the ends cut off (same as the blow poker, Ben). You can thread through elastic cord so it can stretch and move if pulled. They weigh next to nothing, pack away into the back sleeve of my pack and are strong enough for the job (and you can use 'em as blow pokers if you lose yours). :)

Steve

Adam Savage
27-04-2011, 11:44 AM
Strangely enough, I just replaced the toe bar spreader on my hammock with some ally tubing, it slides through the rope sleeves at the ends of the hammock easily, and has enough room for rope to thread through it twice, to stop it moving. The crabs are then attached as usual. Ultra light, ultra strong, and fit inside the stuff sack while still in place.

Ben Casey
27-04-2011, 04:44 PM
Hi guys,

Just spotted this post. I'm using a couple of metal arrows with the ends cut off (same as the blow poker, Ben). You can thread through elastic cord so it can stretch and move if pulled. They weigh next to nothing, pack away into the back sleeve of my pack and are strong enough for the job (and you can use 'em as blow pokers if you lose yours). :)

Steve

Hi Steve sounds cool I tried my idea at the weekend it didnt work but I went and spied how Adam done it so I will do a version of Adams with a Ben Casey twist whatever that maybe LOL
But I did copy your blow poker for fires at the RV and it works a treat :) But I have to say to that Im totally impressed with the kelly kettle it is the most amazing thing I have bought so far :)

Ken was very impressed to with my fuel mixture when lighting fires the noise was cool a lovely WOOF sounds and no wind at all could blow it out LOL

Ben Casey
27-04-2011, 04:44 PM
Strangely enough, I just replaced the toe bar spreader on my hammock with some ally tubing, it slides through the rope sleeves at the ends of the hammock easily, and has enough room for rope to thread through it twice, to stop it moving. The crabs are then attached as usual. Ultra light, ultra strong, and fit inside the stuff sack while still in place.

Im going to have to do some more spying on you LOL

Ben Casey
27-04-2011, 04:51 PM
Hey I just hit 700 posts LOL

Adam Savage
27-04-2011, 05:02 PM
Im going to have to do some more spying on you LOL

I'll take a couple pics at the weekend, off down Ivan's again to try some more foraging and wild edibles, gorse flower was interesting, as daffodil greens

Adam Savage
27-04-2011, 05:02 PM
Hey I just hit 700 posts LOL

I'm heading to 666 asap lol

Ben Casey
27-04-2011, 05:07 PM
I'm heading to 666 asap lol

:campfire: The number of the beast LOL 701 :campfire:

Martin
27-04-2011, 05:27 PM
If you keep posting how many posts you have, you will never stop. :D

Martin

RobbC
27-04-2011, 05:30 PM
The number of the beast LOL 701
Sorry to kinda jump in but i couldnt help myself, the Number of the 'Beast is actually 616.:p

Robb

Adam Savage
27-04-2011, 05:54 PM
Sorry to kinda jump in but i couldnt help myself, the Number of the 'Beast is actually 616.:p

Robb

You watched Qi too then LOL

RobbC
27-04-2011, 06:09 PM
You watched Qi too then LOLI love that show:p

Robb

Adam Savage
27-04-2011, 06:12 PM
I love that show:p

Robb

It is quality. I learn most of my useless tosh from it hahaha

Ben Casey
27-04-2011, 07:22 PM

Robb

Hi Rob Iron Maiden says 666 LOL I think mind you my hearing is bad :D

Ben Casey
27-04-2011, 07:23 PM
I'll take a couple pics at the weekend, off down Ivan's again to try some more foraging and wild edibles, gorse flower was interesting, as daffodil greens

I wonder if Ivan fancies a couple of lodgers LOL

Ben Casey
27-04-2011, 07:33 PM
If you keep posting how many posts you have, you will never stop. :D

Martin

Oh Martin your such a devil you know I would write something LOL

Fletching
27-04-2011, 07:56 PM

I recommend putting a bit of gaffa tape wrapped round the ends to stop scuffing your hands when rooting around in your pack. Also, if you wrap it thick enough, it helps stop the tube from slipping out the tabs and you've also got a stash of gaffa if you get a rip in your tarp etc.

Ben Casey
27-04-2011, 08:44 PM
I recommend putting a bit of gaffa tape wrapped round the ends to stop scuffing your hands when rooting around in your pack. Also, if you wrap it thick enough, it helps stop the tube from slipping out the tabs and you've also got a stash of gaffa if you get a rip in your tarp etc.

I have had a thought if I put a knot in the webbing and cross the straps that should stop any slipping :)

Adam Savage
27-04-2011, 09:03 PM

It's a nice tight fit as is, but a little gaffa would always come in handy. I sanded and smoothed the cut ends before sliding them in, should stop any mishaps there. I like your way of thinking though. Might put it into action if I get round to taking it all apart again LOL.

Adam Savage
27-04-2011, 09:04 PM
I have had a thought if I put a knot in the webbing and cross the straps that should stop any slipping :)

Should work. You'll have to let me know how that goes, and I'm sure Ivan wouldn't mind a couple more lodgers LOL. The misus is coming on this weekend..woohoo lol

Ben Casey
27-04-2011, 10:09 PM
Should work. You'll have to let me know how that goes, and I'm sure Ivan wouldn't mind a couple more lodgers LOL. The misus is coming on this weekend..woohoo lol

What is she going this weekend or the weekend in June LOL Now you have a mobile dishwasher :D

Adam Savage
28-04-2011, 09:32 AM
She's coming down with me this weekend, Bringing her daughter along too.

Ben Casey
28-04-2011, 10:11 AM

Thats cool I bet you all have loads of fun :) I'm just working on a walking stick I got a hazel rod of the guy doing the Bow making so I'm getting some antlers and brass bits for it then going to make a lanyard from Paracord for it :) It should look cool when I have it finished :D

Adam Savage
28-04-2011, 10:25 AM
Just don't lay it down and forget it when you're out and about. I did that with my last one LOL

Ben Casey
28-04-2011, 10:27 AM
Just don't lay it down and forget it when you're out and about. I did that with my last one LOL

I will be keeping a tight hold of it mate :) I had a few at my ex wifes but she threw them out :(

Adam Savage
28-04-2011, 10:31 AM
Might have a look for a nice stick when I'm out at the weekend. Have another go. Got a few ideas for this next one, depending on the shape/size/species of stick (small branch even lol) I find.

Ben Casey
28-04-2011, 10:45 AM
Sounds like a plan mate we will have to compare them :)

Ben Casey
28-04-2011, 06:51 PM

If we dont chat before you go mate have a good time :)

Adam Savage
28-04-2011, 06:52 PM
I'll try bud, likewise with whatever you get up to over the weekend

Ben Casey
28-04-2011, 07:01 PM
I'll try bud, likewise with whatever you get up to over the weekend

I will mate project walking stick at the min LOL

Adam Savage
28-04-2011, 07:44 PM
cool

Here's me n Ray LOL

http://i1024.photobucket.com/albums/y304/crazysaint22/Dartmoor%202%20the%20revenge%20preperation%20weeke nd/7%20mile%20trek/menray.jpg

Ben Casey
28-04-2011, 07:45 PM
LOL Bestie buddies then mate :D I have one of me and Bear somewhere but you cant see us as we are cammed up :D

Adam Savage
28-04-2011, 08:26 PM
My bestie would kick your besties ass lol

Ben Casey
28-04-2011, 08:27 PM
My bestie would kick your besties ass lol

He had to get the Gurkhas in on one of his shows LOL I just tried doing a pic but I cant :( mind you if you PC crashes I can save it LOL

Adam Savage
28-04-2011, 08:29 PM
Lol

Ben Casey
01-05-2011, 07:23 PM
Good to see you back I hope it all went good :)

Adam Savage
01-05-2011, 07:31 PM
Yeah, ended up on the ground after the ancient old rope I was using to hang the hammock desided it was time to say goodbye lol

Ben Casey
01-05-2011, 07:32 PM
Sounds like fun next time let me know your of early enough and I will join you I was bored stiff this weekend :(

Adam Savage
01-05-2011, 08:59 PM
Sounds like fun next time let me know your of early enough and I will join you I was bored stiff this weekend :(

I left a tent there so should be heading back in a couple weeks, plus there is a meet at the end of the month too

Ben Casey
01-05-2011, 10:15 PM
I left a tent there so should be heading back in a couple weeks, plus there is a meet at the end of the month too

I will have to see how it fits in with the roadtrip plans as Im still planning it at the moment :) Well finallising I think it is called :)

Adam Savage
02-05-2011, 11:19 AM
Ok buddy.

Adam Savage
02-05-2011, 01:04 PM
Here's the tubular spreader setup

http://i1024.photobucket.com/albums/y304/crazysaint22/projects%20and%20equipment/IMGP2285.jpg

http://i1024.photobucket.com/albums/y304/crazysaint22/projects%20and%20equipment/IMGP2286.jpg

http://i1024.photobucket.com/albums/y304/crazysaint22/projects%20and%20equipment/IMGP2282.jpg

Ivan
02-05-2011, 01:25 PM
Ere that old deckchair rope dont look too safe mate ha ha !!

Adam Savage
02-05-2011, 01:50 PM
no, looks to me like it's wearing thin lol

Adam Savage
02-05-2011, 01:51 PM
don't worry, I have two breakaway cables on order to fix that minor hickup. I'll have to start paying attention to Fletch in future

Ben Casey
02-05-2011, 06:25 PM
don't worry, I have two breakaway cables on order to fix that minor hickup. I'll have to start paying attention to Fletch in future

I think I know what happend now LOL

Adam Savage
02-05-2011, 08:41 PM
I think I know what happend now LOL

LOL, I was snoozing away and the head end I suddenly found myself on the ground...well my head and shoulders were anyway. Even though I sanded the cut ends, I had left a notch at one end, where I had cut the tube up at existing holes, so like half holes (if that makes sense), which basically sawed through the rope.

Ben Casey
02-05-2011, 09:45 PM
LOL, I was snoozing away and the head end I suddenly found myself on the ground...well my head and shoulders were anyway. Even though I sanded the cut ends, I had left a notch at one end, where I had cut the tube up at existing holes, so like half holes (if that makes sense), which basically sawed through the rope.

I wish I had been there I would have fallen over laughing LOL

Adam Savage
03-05-2011, 08:00 AM
I wish I had been there I would have fallen over laughing LOL

least I know it wasn't my knots that let me down haha

Ben Casey
03-05-2011, 07:07 PM
least I know it wasn't my knots that let me down haha

Oh well live and learn mate :D I had a quiet day today contemplating then I went out my neighbour gave me this thick branch so I sort of cut it up to try and make a thingy for my bow drill :) So I have the drill and I think it is called the hearth (The but it drills into) so I will go and try in the morning :)

Adam Savage
03-05-2011, 10:58 PM
Oh well live and learn mate :D I had a quiet day today contemplating then I went out my neighbour gave me this thick branch so I sort of cut it up to try and make a thingy for my bow drill :) So I have the drill and I think it is called the hearth (The but it drills into) so I will go and try in the morning :)

Yep, hearth is the lowest bit. Will have to have a go at that myself. Keep meaning to lol

Ben Casey
04-05-2011, 05:13 AM
Yep, hearth is the lowest bit. Will have to have a go at that myself. Keep meaning to lol

I have a big branch you can have some of LOL
I may be in contact witha mate (He was best man at one of my failed weddings LOL) I think he works some woods around Ivans area :) I will have to see.

Adam Savage
04-05-2011, 05:52 AM
I have a big branch you can have some of LOL
I may be in contact witha mate (He was best man at one of my failed weddings LOL) I think he works some woods around Ivans area :) I will have to see.

Sounds good. Does that mean you can come and play? lol

Ben Casey
04-05-2011, 09:25 AM
Sounds good. Does that mean you can come and play? lol

Im always up for fun and games LOL

Adam Savage
04-05-2011, 01:30 PM
I've sorted some dates for work detail. Down to Dartmoor next Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, off to Exmoor Friday evening until Sunday morning, then probably back over Dartmoor for a bit more. Building a shelter for the meet at the end of the month, give people something bushcrafty to look over. Will be sleeping in the thing too with any luck, so have to make it well LOL.

Adam Savage
04-05-2011, 05:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eltoHWADrMo&playnext=1&list=PL831290688B394116

Ben Casey
04-05-2011, 08:27 PM
I've sorted some dates for work detail. Down to Dartmoor next Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, off to Exmoor Friday evening until Sunday morning, then probably back over Dartmoor for a bit more. Building a shelter for the meet at the end of the month, give people something bushcrafty to look over. Will be sleeping in the thing too with any luck, so have to make it well LOL.

Ok Mate im in a bit of a run around but if I can get over I will PM you latest Friday about it :) Oh and the link is cool :D

Adam Savage
05-05-2011, 09:37 AM
Thought you might like that. Ok pal. Take care of yourself and try not to set fire to anything important or blow anything up haha

Ben Casey
05-05-2011, 05:53 PM
Ok will do I think I have a new hobby since the RV LOL

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5065/5690483017_ae6490cb4d.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/60757769@N03/5690483017/)

My work this week LOL

Adam Savage
05-05-2011, 05:58 PM
Looking great. You'll have to start making those to order, or maybe commission work. Especially like the bow. Top work

Ben Casey
05-05-2011, 06:04 PM
Cheers mate I think I will keep doing it as I dont need any big work place or tools and it is nice to sit outside in the summer :) The small stick is for the old dear next door as she likes it LOL

Adam Savage
05-05-2011, 06:08 PM
Cheers mate I think I will keep doing it as I dont need any big work place or tools and it is nice to sit outside in the summer :) The small stick is for the old dear next door as she likes it LOL

Look at you being all chivalrous haha

Ben Casey
05-05-2011, 06:12 PM
Look at you being all chivalrous haha

I always was a gent but dont ask any of my Exs LOL

Adam Savage
05-05-2011, 06:14 PM
I always was a gent but dont ask any of my Exs LOL

Exs can't be trusted to supply any kind of reliable information. LOL

Ivan
05-05-2011, 06:20 PM
Annoys me , talented people with time on their hands , and in the sunshine ! can you by any chance do that sort of thing where the air is thinner , like Dartmoor for example, only i see a new business venture coming along , just wondering like .

Ben Casey
05-05-2011, 06:21 PM
Annoys me , talented people with time on their hands , and in the sunshine ! can you by any chance do that sort of thing where the air is thinner , like Dartmoor for example, only i see a new business venture coming along , just wondering like .

Ok I will pop over in the morning :) I will get packing :)

Ivan
05-05-2011, 06:25 PM
Got loads of hazel , dont think Badger will be vey happy to realize some rotten sod has made off with his toilet screen ha ha . still i think this area is lacking a craft shop , dont you ? i am off to the bank in the morning to raise the capital .

Ivan
05-05-2011, 06:28 PM
And you want to choose your words carefully , could be misunderstood , as giving the old dear next door stick !

Ben Casey
05-05-2011, 06:29 PM
Got loads of hazel , dont think Badger will be vey happy to realize some rotten sod has made off with his toilet screen ha ha . still i think this area is lacking a craft shop , dont you ? i am off to the bank in the morning to raise the capital .

Sounds good seriously if you fancy I could pop over I wonder is Adam coming down this weekend?

Adam Savage
05-05-2011, 06:42 PM
Sounds good seriously if you fancy I could pop over I wonder is Adam coming down this weekend?

I'm not going down this weekend but I will be heading over that way wednesday

Adam Savage
05-05-2011, 06:43 PM

I know what you mean, all these bow making, stick crafting, wheel barrow molesting scoundrels...

Ben Casey
05-05-2011, 06:46 PM
Ok maybe we could go for that then if its ok with Ivan?

Adam Savage
05-05-2011, 06:49 PM
Ok maybe we could go for that then if its ok with Ivan?

See what he says..He's always watching these forums, even when he doesn't write anything lol

Ben Casey
05-05-2011, 06:53 PM
I know what you mean there it is soooooooo annoying LOL

Ivan
05-05-2011, 06:54 PM
Sorry lads , me dinner was ready, caught myself a nice bit of haddock , down the coop, Ben if your travel and stopping arrangements fit in with Adams come on down . I am away camping on a beach with Ed this weekend , but any time mate , gunna have to go and be sociable for a while will catch you boys later .

Ben Casey
05-05-2011, 06:57 PM
Sorry lads , me dinner was ready, caught myself a nice bit of haddock , down the coop, Ben if your travel and stopping arrangements fit in with Adams come on down . I am away camping on a beach with Ed this weekend , but any time mate , gunna have to go and be sociable for a while will catch you boys later .

Ok mate I will plan to be there with Adam :)

Adam Savage
05-05-2011, 07:05 PM
Sounds like a plan, I'll be heading off Friday, late afternoon, until sunday morning, to Exmoor, but I will return. You guys can have a good ol' natter and discuss my flaws while I'm gone lol.

How do you want to do the travel Ben? Did you want to drive over here and me to take you down there? or did you want to drive straight from yours to there? or where you hoping I would come pick you up from your doorstep? LOL

Ben Casey
05-05-2011, 07:17 PM
Well dooor to Door would be great LOL Na I will drive over from here as I may have to come back early due to the RBL phoning about moving me up North :)
But it will be good to meet up as I think we will all have a good natter even better when your not there LOL

Adam Savage
05-05-2011, 07:38 PM
Well dooor to Door would be great LOL Na I will drive over from here as I may have to come back early due to the RBL phoning about moving me up North :)
But it will be good to meet up as I think we will all have a good natter even better when your not there LOL

Sounds like a plan mate.

Ben Casey
05-05-2011, 08:07 PM
Cool :)

Adam Savage
06-05-2011, 11:28 AM
The new improved, Mk3 hammy end mod. "Mk3-a spreader"

http://i1024.photobucket.com/albums/y304/crazysaint22/projects%20and%20equipment/06052011620.jpg

http://i1024.photobucket.com/albums/y304/crazysaint22/projects%20and%20equipment/06052011621.jpg

http://i1024.photobucket.com/albums/y304/crazysaint22/projects%20and%20equipment/06052011622.jpg

Ben Casey
06-05-2011, 01:41 PM
That looks really good mate I think I may have a practise at that next time I put mine up :)

Adam Savage
06-05-2011, 04:05 PM
I checked the breaking strain of the cables, 2.5mm steel rope = over 400kg minimum breaking point. Should hold me up for a while LOL

Ben Casey
06-05-2011, 04:32 PM
I checked the breaking strain of the cables, 2.5mm steel rope = over 400kg minimum breaking point. Should hold me up for a while LOL

I would use two mate LOL

Adam Savage
06-05-2011, 04:44 PM
I would use two mate LOL

I might when the plastic coating wears through and they start rusting lol

Adam Savage
07-05-2011, 10:09 AM
Another great tune lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_gZ3eCFnaE

Ben Casey
07-05-2011, 10:31 AM
Where do you get them nate LOL Right Im of out the door singing now :D

Adam Savage
07-05-2011, 11:10 AM
Where do you get them nate LOL Right Im of out the door singing now :D

Just lucky lol, see ya when you get back ol' buddy, ol' pal, ol' mate

Ben Casey
07-05-2011, 03:41 PM
Found a big stick of something LOL Well it is wood what should I make a staff I reacon :D

Adam Savage
07-05-2011, 04:01 PM
Big sticks are always good lol

Oh in reply to your earlier text, I'm ok for the minute buddy, unless you want me to knock up a plaque for you in the future, to trade for a staff. I'm pretty busy for the next couple weeks with one thing and another. But should be able to do one some time after.

Ben Casey
07-05-2011, 10:40 PM
Big sticks are always good lol

Oh in reply to your earlier text, I'm ok for the minute buddy, unless you want me to knock up a plaque for you in the future, to trade for a staff. I'm pretty busy for the next couple weeks with one thing and another. But should be able to do one some time after.

It is ok mate I was just after a project as I have made two sticks I gave one to the old woman opposite :) I will bring the one I got today with me to Ivans and see what Ivan has there and maybe just do a bit of woodwork while I'm there :)

Adam Savage
08-05-2011, 08:59 AM
sounds good. There is Willow, Hazel, Birch, Beech, Ash, Hawthorne, Blackthorn, and probably a load more to choose from too.

Ben Casey
08-05-2011, 09:08 AM
Thats cool I'm looking forward to getting away for a coule of days it will be nice to just sit and chill :)

Adam Savage
08-05-2011, 09:11 AM
And there will be a fire to sit by and whittle. Ivan never lets the flames go out, unless he's asleep that is (or off to the bar to try and instigate a drinking contest with Martin) lol.

Ben Casey
08-05-2011, 09:13 AM
And there will be a fire to sit by and whittle. Ivan never lets the flames go out, unless he's asleep that is (or off to the bar to try and instigate a drinking contest with Martin) lol.

Im sure it will be fun It makes me laugh when I think back. When I came over and Ivan had told you not to let the fire go out and then done a runner :D

Adam Savage
08-05-2011, 09:18 AM
LOL. I kinda took the mick a bit when he went back to the bar, layed a parrallel log fire, in line with the breeze, creating a wall of fire 4 foot long and 3 or 4 feet high, blazing away in the darkness LOL

Ben Casey
08-05-2011, 09:23 AM
Oh well it must have been warm :D Right I'm of to pack some kit for Wednesday so catch you laters I will have to put my balls in my firebox so I don't forget them :D

Adam Savage
08-05-2011, 09:27 AM
Oh well it must have been warm :D Right I'm of to pack some kit for Wednesday so catch you laters I will have to put my balls in my firebox so I don't forget them :D

It was very warm, parallel fires give off the most heat haha. Ok buddy, catch you later.

Ben Casey
08-05-2011, 04:59 PM
Right thats me packed and raring to go I wish I could set of now :)

Ivan
08-05-2011, 05:13 PM
Ok see you in a minute then !!

Ben Casey
08-05-2011, 05:14 PM
I wish mate I have the dentist in the morning it got changed on Friday but if it hadnt I would have been camping on the doorstep LOL

Adam Savage
08-05-2011, 05:18 PM
My ears are burning already haha

Ivan
08-05-2011, 05:18 PM
Ok pal , have put in a request for reasonable weather for your stay , i had to put pebbles in my pocket this weekend to stop me blowing away , see you Weds ..

Ivan
08-05-2011, 05:20 PM
Just wondering where you were ? coming up with some fiendish plan no doubt ...oh sod it must remember the LOL...

Ben Casey
08-05-2011, 05:22 PM
Just wondering where you were ? coming up with some fiendish plan no doubt ...oh sod it must remember the LOL...

I thought you where away this weekend?

Adam Savage
08-05-2011, 05:22 PM
Fiendish plan? now that's a good idea....;)

Ivan
08-05-2011, 05:30 PM
Yeah i was , but the weather was cr@p , so in our wisdom we stayed true to old faithful , Ed shot 3 rabbits and we had a magic stew , also went to Avon Dam for 2and a half hours wild trout fishing , i slept in between two rocks for an hour , nothing doing! also went and found a brill site for sream running or whatever its called , so knackered but fulfilled .

ps Adam that walk back up from Chalk Ford is still a sod !!

Ben Casey
08-05-2011, 05:32 PM
It all sounds nice and to be honest the weather is the last of my worries at the min. But saying that it has been high summer here all weekend :)

Adam Savage
08-05-2011, 05:33 PM
ps Adam that walk back up from Chalk Ford is still a sod !!

So you didn't find an easier way? Can we set up a cable pulley system and some skate boards, some how?

Ben Casey
08-05-2011, 05:39 PM
So you didn't find an easier way? Can we set up a cable pulley system and some skate boards, some how?

That would be a project making a death slide :D

Ivan
08-05-2011, 05:39 PM
I wish, stuck to the direct route , yesterday in line with the christmas tree plantation , so quicker getting there , and driest its been for years , but the walk back up felt like the north west face of the eiger, but not to worry the lager fairy at tippy toed into camp upon our return , dear of her ! lol..

Adam Savage
08-05-2011, 05:43 PM
Well the lager fairy makes all the difference.

Ivan
08-05-2011, 05:47 PM
I love her , and of course we had to have an Ed inferno, one he was proud of , the only time it was sensible was for cooking !!

Adam Savage
08-05-2011, 05:49 PM
So there's no fire wood left now then? haha

Ivan
08-05-2011, 05:49 PM
I f i suddenly go silent , it will be the return of Carole , i dont think she has had any human contact for days ! so until Wednesday i will have to be sociable and do some of that work stuff ! euchhh...

Ivan
08-05-2011, 05:52 PM
Oh there is loads we got permission to drive across the field , in Eds pick up loaded right up with logs , but it was like a crusade to burn the lot before the trip was over , Eds tanning salon , i am sunburnt !!

Adam Savage
08-05-2011, 05:52 PM
No worries mate, Like I said, I can give you a hand with anything that needs doing. Even if it's just piling up firewood or moving stuff round, or even if it's holding sludge pumps and flicking switches haha

Adam Savage
08-05-2011, 05:53 PM
oh there is loads we got permission to drive across the field , in eds pick up loaded right up with logs , but it was like a crusade to burn the lot before the trip was over , eds tanning salon , i am sunburnt !!

lol

Ben Casey
08-05-2011, 06:01 PM
No worries mate, Like I said, I can give you a hand with anything that needs doing. Even if it's just piling up firewood or moving stuff round, or even if it's holding sludge pumps and flicking switches haha

I can help somehow to when i get there :D

Adam Savage
08-05-2011, 06:05 PM
Right, I better go do some more of that "normal" stuff now. Catch you again. And see you Wednesday.

Ben Casey
08-05-2011, 06:10 PM
Ok mates Im of to I have to tie some knots and strip some wood :D