PDA

View Full Version : Ashdown Forest

Humakt
11-04-2011, 07:37 AM
Anyone had any experience of bushcrafting in and around Ashdown Forest?
It seems like a good place - a large area of heathland and woodland, but I can't help but think it'll be criss-crossed with loads of pathways and little more than a 'wild' garden.
Thoughts and experiences?

p.s. before anyone holier-than-thou responds - yes, I know there is no camping allowed and you have to get permission, blah blah blah. I'm not asking anyone to condone illegal activities, just asking for experiences. That's all.

fish
11-04-2011, 08:53 AM
never been there mself however i do the same in the new forest as folk have for 10,000 years. tidyup after yerself and no one will be any the wiser!

Martin
11-04-2011, 10:50 AM
...before anyone holier-than-thou responds - yes, I know there is no camping allowed and you have to get permission, blah blah blah. I'm not asking anyone to condone illegal activities, just asking for experiences. That's all.

Steady on old chap. I'm sure people are well intentioned and they just may have more knowledge than you on a subject. If you ask a question on an open forum, you can't only expect the answers you want to hear. :)

Martin

Humakt
11-04-2011, 12:33 PM
Steady on old chap. I'm sure people are well intentioned and they just may have more knowledge than you on a subject. If you ask a question on an open forum, you can't only expect the answers you want to hear. :)

Martin

I just wanted to avoid patronising and endless 'you aren't allowed to camp in Ashdown Forest' replies before they started.
I thought if I made it clear I knew that already then the wise and insightful people on Natural Bushcraft wouldn't feel the need to tell me that and could give me the benefit of any knowledge (in excess of my own, obviously) they may have!

Whilst I agree you can't expect to hear just the answers you want to hear on an open forum (and I'm open to all answers to my question) I think it is not unreasonable to expect to hear answers to the question one asks!

So, again - anyone had experiences of bushcrafting in Ashdown Forest (and you may make the assumption that I know fires and camping are not allowed!)?