PDA

View Full Version : Swedish army stove stamp.

GwersyllaCnau
09-04-2011, 09:02 AM
The Swedish army stove has a stamp on it. I know what the 3 crowns mean but underneath that it has NC68. Someone once told me that this is the date of manufacture, is this true? Does anyone know?

klause
09-04-2011, 10:27 AM
What does the three crowns mean Mark?

GwersyllaCnau
09-04-2011, 11:11 AM
That its genuine Swedish Army issue.... Am suddenly doubting myself and waiting for the hundreds of replies saying "your wrong you muppet" LOL

Metal mug
17-04-2011, 06:59 AM
Your wrong muppet! ;) I've always wondered what the marks meant. Does anyone know if there's a Swedish general on the forum or something? :)

Thumbcrusher
17-04-2011, 07:31 PM
Three Crowns (Swedish: Tre Kronor) is a national emblem of Sweden, present in the Coat of Arms of the Realm of Sweden, and composed by three yellow or gilded coronets ordered two above and one below, placed on a blue background.

The emblem is often used as a symbol of authority by the Swedish government and by Swedish embassies around the world, but also appears in other less formal contexts, such as the Swedish national men's ice hockey team, who wear the symbol on their sweaters and hence are called "Three Crowns" (usually blue crowns on yellow shirt), and atop the Stockholm City Hall built 1911-1923. The Three Crowns are also used as the roundel on military aircraft of the Swedish Air Force and as a sign on Swedish military equipment in general.

And that's from wikipedia so it must be right(ish)!

I believe the NC68 is the model number because they also made an NC78 version but don't quote me!!