Ideal for use on uneven ground
Adjustable gas flow
Self contained ignitor
Packed in black bag
Weight - 270gms

Price: £21.50

Product Code: WWARFS

http://web-tex.co.uk/accessories/web-tex-warrior-field-stove/prod_1459.html

I have used this stove several times since purchasing, to replace the dead Dartmoor campingaz Bleuet S 200. The wire pot support is a little awkward for rimmed kettles, but does support them "ok". A little fiddly to unfold but surprisingly stable, once the legs/pot supports are opened out. The output of 3500w is impressive, but boils a litre of water in around 4-5 minutes on (pretty much) the lowest setting anyway.

Verdict...

If you can pick one up cheaper than the £21 asking price, by getting one on ebay, then go for it. It packs down small enough, to slip into any space you have in a side pocket on your pack, although a hard case may have been a better option for those of us that are a little rough with our kit. All in all a good little stove that will probably last a while, even if you do break the piezo ignition, it can be removed completely for replacement, or just using a match like we always used to.

Martin
05-04-2011, 01:57 PM
I always use a fire steel to light my gas stove. One or two strikes and it's lit. I use the MSR Pocket Rocket and the fire steel even fits inside the little case the stove fits inside.

Martin

Adam Savage
05-04-2011, 04:34 PM
I always use a fire steel to light my gas stove. One or two strikes and it's lit. I use the MSR Pocket Rocket and the fire steel even fits inside the little case the stove fits inside.

Martin

thought of doing that myself, as the igniter is quite vulnerable when the legs are folded on the warrior field. the warrior compact is a replica of the MSR pocket rocket and was hoping to get one of those. The only reason I ended up with the field version is, it was a last minute grab from the shop as the inferno stove I ordered hadn't arrived in time for Ivan's, and they sold out of the compact.