Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: List of light weight tents

List of light weight tents

From a blog I subscribe to.

http://blackwoodspress.com/blog/1279...king-shelters/

It is a list of 120+ lightweight tents/tarps/bivis/hammocks. As it is an American blog, the weight is noted in pounds and ounces.

I found it interesting, thought I would put a link here in case anyone else might find it interesting too.
    Ansum La

Some great lookin gear there
    Thanks for sharing

Cheers
    AL

I'll be honest, I don't envisage myself becoming an uber ultralite backpacker any time soon and I haven't even heard of some of the manufacturers featured, but it is an interesting list to look at a while away a bit of time wondering 'What if'.

And this fella Erik, is a mine of info when it comes to light weight gear (not all of it easily available over here, but still fun to have a gander at)

I'm glad you found it interesting
    Ansum La

Tribal Elder
    Some of them look like tarps with a midge net....which is good... simple and effective construction. Unless your up a mountain or particularly exposed to the wind then having sides on your tent can be unnecessary

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    Nice one Colin. Looking at that lot has inspired me to get out with my tarp and walking poles more this summer. I've had a few comments recently on my three day Dartmoor exped videos about how much kit I took on that trip. A minimal night out is on the cards now.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

Tribal Elder
    Martin - I came to the opposite conclusion...using the tarp in the cold season and tent when the bugs are about

Just gonna take yer wheelbarrow with the go faster stripes Martin? lol

Dives for cover!!!!!!!

Cheers
    AL

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by comanighttrain View Post
    Martin - I came to the opposite conclusion...using the tarp in the cold season and tent when the bugs are about
    I came to absolute opposite conclusion Dave, but then it doesn't get anywhere near as cold down here, nor do we get anywhere near the number of bugs that you do.

I'll be using my tent this weekend because rain is forecast to be of biblical proportions. I have just been chatting to Roadkillphil and we're both of the same mind to do some tarpology this summer when (if) the nice weather returns.

Al, I don't have a wheel barrow any more, I traded it for a motorised golf buggy.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

HAHAHA !!! Ok that sent my tea all over the puter screen LOL

Cheers
    AL

Tribal Elder
    hahaha @ golf buggy...bushcraft - with class.

There's not as many insects down there? ... cold I can see your point... I guess your kits more likely to get some rain in the cold season....

Weird, I'll need to get down there... maybe I can stop using a -10 sleeping bag most of the time...