Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Popcan stove.

Sorry to disappoint BCB but you wont be able to buy meths unless over 21 - well at B & Q anyways.
    [

bushcraftboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapper4083 View Post
    Sorry to disappoint BCB but you wont be able to buy meths unless over 21 - well at B & Q anyways.
    My mother will get it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by bushcraftboy View Post
    My mother will get it for me.
    Thats the law as it stands at the moment though - shame they had to be introduced because of idiots. We know not all under 18s are knife wielding, gun toting, trainer stealing maniacs but they are the ones that ruined it for the rest of the younger population
    [

They sell it in ASDA!
    Trago is a good price for it!

DIY stores are best!

(have you made a pop can stove?)
    Rural Survival

Talking of age-related sales, my wife went to a nearby village to pick up our 17 yo son from the railway station today. Calling in at the local queue-uparative shop for fags, she thought it would be nice to buy me some beer whilst there. The operative however asked whether our son had any ID, as she believed the beer was being bought for him. He had no ID, so - no beer sale! Wife was so outraged that she ditched all items and stated in a loud clear voice that they had lost a valued customer - as she was not prepared to be refused fag sales in the future if she was with our 9 yo daughter.

I did explain to her the way the law comes down hard and removes licences and causes job losses with retailers, if they make errors of judgement. However - I still have no beer!!!.. sniff ...sniff...
    If you stretch out both arms to represent all time on earth, then with one stroke of a nail file you could eradicate all human history, and 98 per cent of all human history was spent in the stone age.

Reminds me of the time I was asked for ID to by baccy...

I was 26 at the time! Took it as a compliment though.

bushcraftboy
    How much do I use in a pop can, and how long does it last?

How much do I use in a pop can, and how long does it last?
    Trial and error is best. Start with a little, see what it does and time it whilst trying to boil some water. Make sure its done outside and watch this stuff as any spills will ignite and spread and you will not be able to put it out easily!!!

bushcraftboy
    Quote Originally Posted by jus_young View Post
    Trial and error is best. Start with a little, see what it does and time it whilst trying to boil some water. Make sure its done outside and watch this stuff as any spills will ignite and spread and you will not be able to put it out easily!!!
    My mother went to tescos and she bought turps/white spirit instead, this is useless for stoves? It's more or less naphtha, maybe I can use it in my zippo.

Any uses for this, it cost £3, I'm not wasting it.
    Last edited by bushcraftboy; 02-10-2011 at 02:23 PM.

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    My mother went to tescos and she bought turps/white spirit instead, this is useless for stoves? It's more or less naphtha, maybe I can use it in my zippo.

Any uses for this, it cost £3, I'm not wasting it.
    It's great for washing your brushes after you've painted the window frames or skirting boards.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.