Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "The what have you broken now?!" Thread

One with Nature
    "Always remember, no matter where you go there you are."
    hello woody,
    I knew I had a better photo on file. I don't have a spare or I'd send you one. I bought a couple of these using up the last of my Nectar points traded & GAW.
    Regards
    David

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1254.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	13748

Between Savernake forest and Avebury stone circle
    No problem David, I don't expect anything . Seriously you already given us more than our fair share...
    Thanks for the information though!
    Speak soon

A few year back the Phillips head on my Leatherman Supertool II snapped. I sent it to the importer and a week later I had a Super tool III, and upgrade delivered straight to my mailbox as it was under the 25 year warranty the Leatherman provides.
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Else, I managed to drive over my Lexar stove the same day I reveived it. Tested it in my driveway, and left it there to cool down. Then had to go pick up the wife from work, and hey presto, a mangled piece of metal. Managed to somewhat bend it back into shape, but have not fancied using it since. But threw it into the bag for one of my kettles, together with a firesteel, so that is now a complete brew kit, should I need a small one :-)
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Quote Originally Posted by FishyFolk View Post
    Else, I managed to drive over my Lexar stove the same day I reveived it. Tested it in my driveway, and left it there to cool down. Then had to go pick up the wife from work, and hey presto, a mangled piece of metal. Managed to somewhat bend it back into shape, but have not fancied using it since. But threw it into the bag for one of my kettles, together with a firesteel, so that is now a complete brew kit, should I need a small one :-)
    Ooops.
    It probably looks well used now, It adds to the character...

I broke my compass when I dropped it; it also broke my heart because I'm broke and can't get a new one anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehecatl View Post
    Could you not "start 'em young" and encourage them to watch Preppa Pig?
    Indeed

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JACOB CUBS 3.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	100.4 KB 
ID:	13749
    Richard
    South Wales UK

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Howdy folks,
    I thought I'd start this one because I couldn't really find a similar thread here... Hope this is OK .
    Mods please delete and excuse me if it's not really relevant for this forum.

Anyways, this can be the place where you vent your frustrations at the poor craftsmanship of your newly purchased item.
    Or just how stupid idea it was to use something for other than its intended purpose... (I'm often guilty of that one...)

It can also be a place to share a funny story about how you broke something whilst testing it or just looking at it...

Or just about anything, broken foot or broken pride , tools, cabinets, doors cables.
    Rips , snaps and tears also encouraged...

I'll kick it off with the reason I came up with this...
    Not a funny story as such , but I'm sure some of the comments and following stories will probably have me in fits of laughter ...

My trusty (heap of poop) multitool has died today, 😖
    I snapped the pliers, just by using it on some (3mm thick) wire.

I should have just used my normal pliers , but as per usual, why walk all the way to the van when you got one on your belt?! 😒
    Yeah right , I know ...

So , the positive I suppose is the fact that it wasn't that expensive as multitools go and good job it wasn't a very expensive leatherman...
    Then again , the latter probably would cut that wire all day and not snap.

So there , I broke something today and it's not even lunchtime yet...😁

What have you lot broken , demolished, destroyed or ripped today?

Regards
    Well I apologise for the delay on this update, as Rik had suggested , I did indeed email Gerber I received a very prompt and apologetic reply.
    And about 3 weeks ago the replacement arrived. No questions asked !
    Brand new one with a new pouch too.
    That's pretty damn good business acumen right there, as I will buy more (as long as there's no BG logo ) Gerber tools as a result of the 25 year warranty on ALL their kit.
    Very satisfied customer, no affiliation of course..

👍