Thread: SAK uses

SAK uses

Well tonight I have been proved wrong, I've always said that swiss army knives where little more than a gimmick. My little Vicky classic SD was an absolute life saver! Not to be crude or graphic, nature called when out on my brother in laws stag night. I noticed the dispenser was full, but to my horror, locked. I am not a religious man, but I think I prayed to every god I had ever heard of at that moment and tried to think of a plan to get the paper out. Out of desperation I pulled out my keys and my little classic SD and by some measure of luck, skill and divine intervention, managed to pick and unlock the dispenser! Naturally the lads all found it hilarious, and if imagining the panic gripping me at the time gives you a chuckle, well fair play to you I don't blame you! But it got me to thinking has anyone else ever used their EDC or SAK in an unusual manner? Because from now on its NEVER coming off my keys!

Mine is mostly used to get into the bags and boxes of the items I order on ebay gets shipped in...I swear some of them are bullet proof from all the tape used. That is when I can remember to bring one...so I finally found a use for my Coild Steel Bushman, it know sits permanently in the car, he he
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Mine is mostly used for getting beer bottle tops off and on those occasions when the wine has a cork rather than a screw top. The small scissors often come in handy too.
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

have a small SAK in my belt pouch which has been a life saver afew times... if i ever change job and cant justify wearing a belt knife everyday, ill probably change to a larger SAK as my everyday carry - very handy and more easily explained if need be...

I use my SAK's everyday for stuff I have a few favourite models but they all get used. I even keep one permanently in my work E&E belt kit for when I am on exercise and training.

Was out fishing, picking berries and mushrooms with the clan yesterday...and my 60£ main SAK (Wenger Ranger Grip) was in use no less 4 times. It cut fishing line while rigging rods 3 times, and once it was used for opening the pack of hot dogs as we got hungry before we had any fish... (total catch: 1 trout, 5 liters of blueberry and a basket of Chanterelles and varous bolettes).
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

I used mine today to cut some Basil...nothing so exotic as picking a lock.
    Richard
    South Wales UK