Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The £7 Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    These are essential in a FAK where axes or knives are in use.
    If you've seen a nasty injury from a sharp implement, then you know plasters and little bandages just don't cut the mustard....

So here, only £4 with free delivery

The Emergency Bandage - Trauma Wound Dressing - 4" https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002AH5Y..._1BIExbJ5213GG
    Yes, essential for a FAK but... many blade wounds are on the hands/fingers and applying a 4" dressing could be very awkward to apply, always carry smaller packs of gauze as well and practise your direct pressure/dressing techniques at home.
    Richard
    South Wales UK

Between Savernake forest and Avebury stone circle
    Quote Originally Posted by rik_uk3 View Post
    Yes, essential for a FAK but... many blade wounds are on the hands/fingers and applying a 4" dressing could be very awkward to apply, always carry smaller packs of gauze as well and practise your direct pressure/dressing techniques at home.
    100% agreed !
    Definitely the small gauze tubes too and practising at home...
    though as a level 3 first aider and after a few years of experience in the field you learn these little tricks... like folding the dressing lengthways ,( turning the 4" into a 2" ) and then turning it the other way ...
    😉

Well done Humakt, good thread here! I expect this will go on , even though you found your £7 Amazon deal...

Quote Originally Posted by rik_uk3 View Post
    I got a bunch of these, including the large trauma ones...all from the Norwegian army, as these are the ones I am trained to use, so there will be no faffing about if and when I have to use one. Got one in my FAK, and one in every bag and rucksack I use.
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Quote Originally Posted by Humakt View Post
    I think we have ourselves a winner...

As it happens, there is a OS map that I need as well!
    Yay! I won! I won! I know there's no prize and I'm a little disappointed that Humakt didn't choose the blow up sheep, but, I won! I won!
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

I don't need another blow up sheep...
    'What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare' - William Henry Davies

Kestrels:
    https://foraknave.wordpress.com/

Thinking:
    https://thinkingthink.wordpress.com/

Between Savernake forest and Avebury stone circle
    Congratulations Ehecatl ! 😂 😭