Thread: Neck Knife

Neck Knife

I've bought myself "folding pocket knife" and I've made a little leather pouch for it with a view to having it as a neck knife. My question to the forum is, what cord, binding, string, thong etc would you recommend for suspending it?

I don't want to use paracord as the strangulation risk at 550lb breaking strain is too high. I don't want to use cotton for the opposite reason. I need something that will break if snagged somewhere in the middle.

Any thoughts folk?

Thanks,

M@
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

Paracord, but with a snap link in it? Or an old id badge lanyard with a plastic breakaway clip in it. That is what I would go for.

One with Nature
    "Always remember, no matter where you go there you are."
    hello,
    Something like these break away clips are great for your neck pouch.
    Regards
    David

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 1.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	65.1 KB 
ID:	13710

Oh how I love this forum (that's true but also a hint to most of the 57 visitors to join us! ).

Paracord was my preference as it's multipurpose but obviously a safety risk, but with the unobtrusive break away barrel thingies I get the best of both worlds.

Nice one chaps!
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

Update: If you're searching for these on eBay, try "NURSING NECKLACE CLASPS POP BARREL BREAKAWAY LANYARD JEWELLERY FINDINGS" (believe it or not)

One with Nature
    hello,
    With these fixture all you have to do is apply is a small tight knot or burn the ends of the paracord once threaded through the barrel end then simply connect. I've used these with my Perry whistle & a compass. Yeh.. still noting the greater number of visitors each visit to the forum.
    Regards
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Ehecatl View Post
    Oh how I love this forum (that's true but also a hint to most of the 57 visitors to join us! ).
    Paracord was my preference as it's multipurpose but obviously a safety risk, but with the unobtrusive break away barrel thingies I get the best of both worlds.
    Nice one chaps!

Small length of heat shrink tubing over joint...simple, cheap and works

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One with Nature
    hello,
    to the forum Jaffcat. Nice one..
    Regards
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Jaffcat View Post
    Small length of heat shrink tubing over joint...simple, cheap and works
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk