Thread: Mushroom ID

Mushroom ID

Hi folks

Any idea what these are, the caps are more orange than the photo indicates. Caps are about 2" across.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20160525_004.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	100.3 KB 
ID:	13686

One with Nature
    "Always remember, no matter where you go there you are."
    hello,
    In the meantime please do have a browse through this guide.. http://www.wildfooduk.com/mushroom-guides/
    Regards
    David

Quote Originally Posted by David_JAFO View Post
    hello,
    In the meantime please do have a browse through this guide.. http://www.wildfooduk.com/mushroom-guides/
    Regards
    David
    Thanks David,
    Strange though, I've searched all of those reference images, the nearest they resemble are Tricholoma Ustale, a poisonous mushroom, same size and colour plus the caps did have a slight sticky texture. According to the guide though the season for these starts in August?

One with Nature
    "Always remember, no matter where you go there you are."
    hello,
    hmmm.. I made some enquiries. Your mushroom I.D is commonly known as the burnt knight this is a species of mushroom in the large genus tricholomacan that be found from spring to autumn & nearly year-round in warm climates. It is a fairly frequent find throughout Britain & in Ireland, most commonly in Beech woodland & therefore very often on alkaline soil, is not recommended as an edible mushroom.
    Regards
    David

Quote Originally Posted by David_JAFO View Post
    hello,
    hmmm.. I made some enquiries. Your mushroom I.D is commonly known as the burnt knight this is a species of mushroom in the large genus tricholomacan that be found from spring to autumn & nearly year-round in warm climates. It is a fairly frequent find throughout Britain & in Ireland, most commonly in Beech woodland & therefore very often on alkaline soil, is not recommended as an edible mushroom.
    Regards
    David
    Thanks David, one to avoid.