Thread: Baking

Baking

Decided to try out my Swedish army svea alcohol stove with my mors pot and a small fry pan to do a little baking. Was an add water only muffin mix took I'd guess maybe 3 to 4 ounces of alcohol to fully bake it tough time estimate bout 20 minutes. Came out really good to. Let's see any ways that you've done baking. Same idea works well over a white gas stove to.

“I'm not one of those complicated, mixed-up cats. I'm not looking for the secret to life.... I just go on from day to day, taking what comes.” ~Frank Sinatra~

" Nessmuk " says:
    " We do not go to the woods to rough it ; we go to
    smooth it — we get it rough enough in town. But
    let us live the simple, natural life in the woods, and

Cracking idea. Love it.
    I've done similar things in the past - a pot within a pot - but not exactly like that. But it adds up to the same thing.
    How do you regulate the temperature with an alcohol stove? Problem with them is they're either on or off, which is fine for boiling water but not for something as delicate as baking.
    'What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare' - William Henry Davies

Kestrels:
    https://foraknave.wordpress.com/

Thinking:
    https://thinkingthink.wordpress.com/

Natural Born Bushcrafter saxonaxe's Avatar
    Now that is the height of sophistication, to me anyway... As a total moron with regard to food, I've never thought to even try something like that, I must say it looks tasty.

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar
    hehe... nice to see you experimenting with kit. Did it burn the pot at all? I noticed the stains at the bottom where the highest intensity of heat was, I didn't know if that was from something running down from the mixture or the pot burning.

I cooked some chestnuts in a shallow kettle once a few years back, anodised aluminium I think it was, oddly the inside of that stained bad, might have tannins from the nut-shells or something I'm not sure, still the kettle works just the same!

Looks tasty
    Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace

Nice work BB
    Richard
    South Wales UK