Thread: Any good forests to camp(WofScotland)

Any good forests to camp(WofScotland)

Hello again guys,
    As newbies to bushcrafting me and the misses decided to plan a trip to the isle of Skye for a week or so. We like the thought of traveling up so far and camping somewhere nice and secluded in a sense.
    Can any of you recommend a good forest to visit along the way ( between Glasgow and Fort William)
    Also I've been looking for a cheap tarp that I can string up, one that can be strung up in multiple ways would be an advantage (budget 20-30 pounds).

Thanks

Try B n Q,Have a selection of cheap Tarps.atb.m
    You are never too old to learn!. A SURVIVER!

"Peasants Rule,and your Knife is your Tool."
    "A Knifeless man is a Lifeless man".Nordic Proverb.

Support The GURKA WELFARE TRUST.1815 to 2015 200 years of Service to the Crown

I use the DD ultralight 3x2.9m tarp and it's excellent. But over your budget. You can get the sturdier 3x3m version for under £30 here:

http://www.backpackinglight.co.uk/bu...WE104-115.html

It's heavier, a bit bigger, and stronger than the UL version, which is great in size, quality and strength. The full on version (linked above) gets great reviews from everyone who uses it. Other than the weight/pack size It has to be a lot better than the UL.

Edit: Just noticed my 3x2.9m tarp said 3x29m. Could be a fun a tarp if it existed.
    Last edited by Magicdave; 26-09-2015 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Typo

Thanks mann :-)

No worries.

Yeah, you could probably wrap yourself and a few other folk up in it, if it existeted. Haha