Thread: Owls, Owls, Owls and more Owls

Natural Born Bushcrafter MikeWilkinson's Avatar

Owls, Owls, Owls and more Owls

Whilst wandering out to my debris shelter these last few evenings I have had the pleasure of being accompinied by a rather curious Tawny Owl. (I wll try and get some photos if I can).

Now I always hear them, all through the autumn and spring, little owls, tawny and some times barn owls.

This has been the first winter/spring that I have managed to see the tawny and the little owls - The barns are always easy to spot, but the tawny and the little hide out in the nooks of the big ole oaks we have here and don't come out till full dark and then they swoop silently away when ever you get near.
    [SIZE=4][COLOR=#8b4513]Wake me up when things are over, and I'm Wiser and older.

Talland Bay.. An pleg-mor Kernewek hag a wra kovyow
    Sounds interesting.. Was it following you or something..?
    I love owls.. We have quite a few living around here. you can almost guarantee to hear them calling on a moonlit night, esp dusk and dawn..
    I managed a photo once while I was sat out waiting for a fox to show up. I never saw the fox, but I got this grainy shot of a tawny.

lovely looking birds of prey
    lifes good ,but even sweeter under the stars

Did you know that if you put a football pitch in complete darkness and lit a candle and placed it in the centre its enough light for a Tawny to be able to see its prey and hunt, just a bit of useless wildlife trivia for you I love owls i used to have and fly a barn owl awesome birds, good pick Jonny i love the sound of Tawnies in the woods at night..
    "Tracking is the road - bushcraft is the vehicle - Nature and wildlife is the destination."
    http://www.woodlife.co.uk/woodlife-trails/

Natural Born Bushcrafter MikeWilkinson's Avatar
    Took the camera and tripod out this evening to try and get a few photos - guess what - for the first time in about three weeks he wasn't there.
    [SIZE=4][COLOR=#8b4513]Wake me up when things are over, and I'm Wiser and older.

Hobo
    Beautiful birds, used to have Tawny and Barn at the farm we stayed at. The sound of a pair of Tawnies is a lovely sound

Dave

ive got some great pictures of a young kestral or buzzard i took when i was on lizard point cornwall last year,he was very obliging i will have to upload the pics to show you guys
    lifes good ,but even sweeter under the stars

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar

Thumbs up Superb photo Jonny - Well done

I like how most of it seems a little grainy/blury yet the Owl seems relatively sharp

Quote Originally Posted by MikeWilkinson View Post
    Took the camera and tripod out this evening to try and get a few photos - guess what - for the first time in about three weeks he wasn't there.
    Typical! - I've had similar with Fox Cubs!

Quote Originally Posted by swkieran View Post
    ive got some great pictures of a young kestral or buzzard i took when i was on lizard point cornwall last year,he was very obliging i will have to upload the pics to show you guys
    Yeah - would love to see these!
    Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace