Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: mora clipper mod.

mora clipper mod.

my nippers were baught a mora clipper each last year,fantastic carbon blades but the handles are awfull plastic and rubber,still for a tenner you cant complain,but today i decided to do a make over on jacks knife,and given my love of dimondwood i settled on the green and brown and added some mosaic pins for a touch of class,heres the result:

has anyone else modded their mora?
    www.jacksshed.co.uk A country living forum to compliment your bushcraft way of life.

I actually like the handle on my Mora 840MG. As you say, great blades as well. I still can't believe how cheap they are. Every time I look I consider buying up about 20 just in case they realise how good these knives are and push the price up!

Got to agree the mora blades are good for the money. But I was thinking of putting another handle on one.
    Think I might have to splash out and buy another one.
    There was another thread on here somewhere about doing this, did you extend the knife tang? As they are short once the original handle comes off.

the old handle was removed easilly,just slid a chisel along the flat of the blade and split it.the new handle was two pieces ,i drew around the blade and routed the shape out with a dremmel,then used epoxy resin to glue together and clamped it tight.
    www.jacksshed.co.uk A country living forum to compliment your bushcraft way of life.

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    the old handle was removed easilly,just slid a chisel along the flat of the blade and split it.the new handle was two pieces ,i drew around the blade and routed the shape out with a dremmel,then used epoxy resin to glue together and clamped it tight.
    I'd love to see a few photos of the steps you described.

well i willbe doing another this evening so i will take pics as its done.

That has to be one of the prettiest handles I have seen love the green coloring in it. How was that part done Fish?
    “I'm not one of those complicated, mixed-up cats. I'm not looking for the secret to life.... I just go on from day to day, taking what comes.” ~Frank Sinatra~

" Nessmuk " says:
    " We do not go to the woods to rough it ; we go to
    smooth it — we get it rough enough in town. But
    let us live the simple, natural life in the woods, and

Hobo
    That is loverly mate, love to have the skill to do that.

Natural Born Bushcrafter MikeWilkinson's Avatar
    Very nice, look forward to seeing the how to photos, so that I can give it a go.
    [SIZE=4][COLOR=#8b4513]Wake me up when things are over, and I'm Wiser and older.

nice mod , the original handles r naff but very grippy even in the wet,wouldnt mind trying that myself
    lifes good ,but even sweeter under the stars