Thread: That feeling when...

That feeling when...

That feeling when you can't remember seeing your goPro cam and extra kit for it after your trip to the hills in easter.
    That happy feeling when your wife hands you a water prrof bag full of kit you "accidently" left all over the house while
    unpacking after the trip...yup, everything missing was in it...
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

At least you have it back, panic over

Samuel Hearne
    SWMBO would just tell me to check my bags, pouches, daysacks, Bergans and the garage and that I should have put it away in the first place, my garage is full of kit and finding different bits can be a nightmare.

Many of my small, but essential, items of kit hide themselves in the pockets of my many jackets. They do it to spite me and make me search my 'green room' from top to bottom. I think they move from pocket to pocket so that I only find them in the last pocket I search, when desperation has set in. Sometimes they wait until I have had to buy a replacement, then cunningly reappear when I wear the jacket again and thrust my hand into the pocket. They used to do it by hiding in the various pockets of my many rucksacs but I was too smart for them - I sold some rucksacs.

A camping trip to Transylvania is planned for next week - now where are those bloody gloves?
    “If the apple won't fall - go shake the tree.”
    ― Isaac Newton

There were a few times when I mistakenly left things at home, like the time I stupidly left my fire kit at home, and the few occasions when I forgot my Martiini...
    Though the time I forgot my fire kit gave me a great opportunity to try out friction methods . I actually got some smoke from a fire plow, no ember, but just seeing the smoke was a wonderful feeling .
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin

Yep I know that feeling well, I check every time now after inadvertently putting some things down and never to seen again.
    And I make lists- lots of them!!

I have now lost TWO, yes TWO Bahco Laplanders..... im gonna start buying the beggars in Bulk!