Thread: Hand Forging a Bearded Axe

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar

Thumbs up Hand Forging a Bearded Axe

A video I'm proud of, apologies to Dave Budd for it taking so long! Enjoy The video is available in 1080p HD so fullscreen if your computer / connection can handle it

Plug to Dave Budd's website: http://www.davebudd.com/ I have no affiliation (just a longtime admirer )
    Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace

Thanks for making/posting these Ashley, I enjoyed them very much. And what a great looking axe as a result.

I always enjoy watching Dave work and this time was no exception. Truly a master at what he does but then that is why myself and my kids have his knives

I was watching this last night at bed time and started falling asleep in the second video. Not because it's boring, but because I find it calming. Once I switched the screen off and closed my eyes I struggled to get to sleep!

Great videos, thanks Ash (and Dave of course).

Now that's something...some people make it a craft, but I think Dave turns it into an art .
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar
    I'm glad you enjoyed it folks.
    Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace

another cracking vid from Ash there It's interesting watching myself making something, especially after a couple of years! I've changed how I do certain things and the workshop is quite different too.

I'm sure the music is great too, but sadly my laptop is playing up and I can't hear anything on it
    Dave Budd Handmade Tools knives, tools, wood, leather and courses making stuff! 2015 Course List NOW ONLINE!

The music is great Dave, I meant to comment on that and forgot, great choices of tunes by Ash. And get work Dave, thanks for letting this film be made so we can all see you work.

Great videos and it was great to watch Dave at work, I think it is great to watch him when working especailly like it when he has his barrel/bucket bellows out, and how he works a rod/bar of metal into a new tool. A true master craftsman.