Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: left out in the cold! mental health and air riffles.

Talk to your CPN and ask if he or she will support future applications.
    Richard
    South Wales UK

I also suffer from mental health troubles I have an anxiety disorder that is severe enough to have kept me on my disability pension for several years now. It takes a lot to talk about it do to the bad stigmas associated with mental health disorders and the unfair ways we are often treated but know you are not alone out there

Quote Originally Posted by Dough Boy View Post
    I also suffer from mental health troubles I have an anxiety disorder that is severe enough to have kept me on my disability pension for several years now. It takes a lot to talk about it do to the bad stigmas associated with mental health disorders and the unfair ways we are often treated but know you are not alone out there
    We all have issues,it's how we learn to live with them that matters before we even attempt relying on the understanding of others.
    To the op,hang in there and have patience
    Last edited by si; 09-03-2015 at 01:06 AM.

Tim, May I just say, well done on 'outing' yourself as having a mental health problem!

I too am Bipolar and I fully, 100% sympathize and agree with you! I have 'Mixed Affective Disorder' (rapid cycling Bipolar) so I really am MAD! lol
    being 51 yrs old and having had an FAC at one time, I can tell you that there are a lot of people out there that are SANE, or so called that should never have been given an FAC or Shotgun certificate!!

Another suggestion for you is to join BASC. for your membership you get public liability insurance and free legal help and advice on shooting related matters. I don't think it costs much to join as an airgun member. Hope this is of interest to you, regards, Neil.
    Speak softly and carry a big stick

Wanderer
    Sound advice all shooters should be members of BASC the benefits are well worth the cost. Totally agree with Durham Bushcrafter there are many so called sane people out there (known as idiots) who
    should never have been granted a certificate and I say this as a retired mental health professional. Good luck lads, and remember that a good legal limit air rifle needs no certificate and is a first rate
    vermin killer in its own right.