Thread: Ok, finally done it...

Ok, finally done it...

Just filled out the membership form for the local chapter of the "Norwegian Peoples aid, rescue group"

The choice was between this and the Red Cross, but the oldest lad is an active member there and I don't want to crowd in on him :-)

Don't know how active I will be. i doubt my physical shape is good enough to taking part in any search and rescue. At least not as boots on the ground.
    But with my background in security comms I could probably be an asset in base camp if they let me...assuming they will give me training in their S.O.P.

Anyway....early stage, so we'll see how this develops. Fits well with the education I am taking, and will look good on my CV if I become active there :-)
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Well done, I'm sure you'll be an asset wherever you end up.

That's the way to go . Your experience in comm will definitely be welcome..."no comm and you're gone" .
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin