Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Knives and public perception of them.

Natural Born Bushcrafter Midge_Fodder's Avatar
    Aye I have came across a few of that type. Lol I once got a lug bashing for sharpening a flat pencil when I was an apprentice with a chisel. I still use a chisel to do it now.......
    Border Bushcrafters

Isn't it nice when someone says "that's a great piece of kit, where did you buy that", then you can modestly reply "you can't buy it, I made it myself". The moral is, it's amazing what you can achieve if you put your mind to it.

"No better burden can a man carry on the road, than a store of common sense." - Hávamál: 10

http://midgefodderbushcraft.blogspot.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by TheDaddy187 View Post
    Well here in the uk. You can carry any blade provided you have a valid reason to...
    and its not in public
    Not quite - there are some bladed articles that are prohibited to carry. Balisongs and flick knives are in the list, but there are others too.

Was out with the kid at the veterans camp fire meet today. We were in an ordinary parkland, with lots of families with small children. And I brought my lad who is 4 years old.
    The nicest thing I saw was a young mother out with her son of about six. And strapped to the kids belt was a Helle scout knife. And he
    knew how to use it too, carving himself a spit to
    barbecue his hot dogs on, while mom had a fire going before you could blink an eye.

And the best part, nobody reacted on a kid with a knife. H just sat ther eon his bum, whitling away, with other small children around him. Not one reaction...except me who could not help myself
    and told his mom how good it was that kids his age are still allowed to learn knife skills...

And it is really nice to live in a place where people do not panick over the sight of a blade. Hope it lasts...
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum