Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a good slingshot/catapult

Looking for a good slingshot/catapult

I am looking to have a go at using one where is best to get one I could have a bash at making one but I think my first should be made by someone who knows what they are doing.

Any good suppliers, makers that can be recommended?

Dave

There is a guy on here Sylvanbilly, he makes great cattys, best ive seen. If he cant help you the Millbro are good. I had a Barnett Diablo pro 2, with all the bells and whistles, i wasnt impressed with the build qaulity at all.
    He who says "he can" and he who says "he can't", are both usually right.

Gamekeeper catapults are superb, I chose the pocket rocket 5, no regrets at all

http://www.youtube.com/user/OLDMANSBALLBAG
    Campfires are best shared with friends.

Cheers I'll look at those I see there are a few on ebay but as a newby to catapults not sure exactly what to buy.

Dave

If you want a genuine Gamekeeper watch where you but it from, I know there was a lot of info on his sites about not using ebay due to sub standard copies,

check out his web site http://www.gamekeeper-catapults.co.uk/ it contains a section on picking the right catapult, hope this is useful,

Also I just remembered our own Justin ( Fish ) used to make and sell catties, maybe he still does
    Campfires are best shared with friends.

That gamekeeper john,is sure accurate with those catties,makes very interesting viewing!
    Thanks for the leads!
    You are never too old to learn!. A SURVIVER!

"Peasants Rule,and your Knife is your Tool."
    "A Knifeless man is a Lifeless man".Nordic Proverb.

Support The GURKA WELFARE TRUST.1815 to 2015 200 years of Service to the Crown

I'm amazed how accurate these are I've no idea how long it'll take to get good enough to take a rabbit. I assume you use ball bearings to give consistent results lord knows how many of those I'll need.

Dave

I make my own from natural forks and use lead balls as ammo. You can make a simple ball catcher from a box and an old t shirt or jumper hung so that it absorbs the energy of the ball when it hits. A fishing weight mould and a few simple tools is all it takes to keep you supplied with hours of fun

Re ammo for your catapult.toys R U,.Bags of marbles for a £1.for light ammo.LEE single cavity bullet mould .36 or .44 about
    £15..scrounge some scrap lead/wheel weights..n cast your own.
    Steel ball bearings can be bought of e=bay.in various sizes.Think I paid about £5 for 500.tho these were 8mm..which my cross-bow fires as well as bolts.
    As stated earlier..a card board box fild with an old Cushion,clothes.will stop them,and enable you to re-use.
    A visit to most gun shops will provide a selection of catapults.personally I'd stick to the basic forked stick principal ones.n reject the wrist braces,stabliser,Sights etc.Best of luck.
    You are never too old to learn!. A SURVIVER!

"Peasants Rule,and your Knife is your Tool."
    "A Knifeless man is a Lifeless man".Nordic Proverb.

Support The GURKA WELFARE TRUST.1815 to 2015 200 years of Service to the Crown

Cheers chaps i have read quite a lot over the past few days and have now ordered a gamekeeper cat. so I'll let you know how i get on with it when it arrives thanks again for the advice and links.

Dave