Thread: Pest control

Pest control

Was out this morning (5am),lovely weather!even though rain had been predicted.
    As I crossed the moor there were rabbits everywere,I thought its going to be a good morning!
    As I arrived at my site n pulled up,My headlights lit up five rabbits.in the overflow field.killed the lights,got out of jeep,went to back unsheath gun .loaded magazine.Rested on spare tyre.flipped the red beam on.The gods were with me they were still there.missed the first one(but could see were pellet went),got the next three!,number five escaped.
    The next two hours,on site, were a waste of time,only saw two rabbits n one rat,n they were gone before i could get near enough.
    When it became light,went to collect one of the three shot rabbits,I couldnt find in dark!I was very surprised to find they were 45paces away,2 headshot the third in chest.11.5fpe out of my Shin Sung,Carreer 707.carbine.does the job.
    Finished off the trip,with a bartered full english at the greasy spoon!
    You are never too old to learn!. A SURVIVER!

"Peasants Rule,and your Knife is your Tool."
    "A Knifeless man is a Lifeless man".Nordic Proverb.

Support The GURKA WELFARE TRUST.1815 to 2015 200 years of Service to the Crown

Just picked up a 100 acre permission
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Sapper View Post
    Just picked up a 100 acre permission
    Luck you!They are getting harder to obtain!
    Never used to have any problem when I was working,people used to ring me,n even ask how much it cost to have their rabbits removed.
    How things change.lol.

Samuel Hearne
    I am lucky that I have some permission about 150 acres on one of them and 10 at another, I know of people paying the land owner so they can shoot vermin, I do offer the land owners any of the rabbits, squirrels and pigeons that I shoot or catch.

Works the other way with me ian,they give me bottles of whisky,n eggs etc.
    Other than swapping a couple of rabbits or so for a full english,on the way home.most of the rabbits, squirrels go to an owl sanctury.