Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: www.shoponthefarside.co.uk - anyone ever used these guys?

Tribal Elder

www.shoponthefarside.co.uk - anyone ever used these guys?

just seen they had ration packs £10 for a days supply....

hahahaha!!!

No offence, but you gotta laugh when you see something like this:

iPad Holder - Camoflague

Steve

Always check Ebay. A lot of retailers have stopped carrying ration packs; something to do with there not being a sell by date on the pack or contents
    Does anyone remember white Mars bars?
    Last edited by happybonzo; 25-02-2011 at 05:06 AM. Reason: fat finger typing
    Only my dog can judge me

http://www.devilark.com.au/

Tribal Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Fletching View Post
    hahahaha!!!

iPad Holder - Camoflague

Steve
    I think the army actually use them....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/10813964

Quote Originally Posted by Fletching View Post
    hahahaha!!!

iPad Holder - Camoflague Steve
    Yeah Steve I agree had me laughing too, these days who would be seen dead with a regular camo Ipad cover. Mine is Realtree. Some people just don't keep up with what's cool.
    cheers
    Gareth

Tribal Elder
    oh well just ordered from them... will let you know if to snog, marry or avoid.

Tribal Elder
    Hey dudes, rations just arrived (Ordered monday, issue with them running out of some meal types, they called me to resolve it - they just switched them out for other meals), Each comes in a box, inside each box the meals are in sealed foil packs and the sundries are in a plastic sealing bag. pretty good so far - will report on how good they are after camping

Hexamine arrived in wax sealed cardboard boxes, safety matches in plastic bags... all in all pretty good!

Tribal Elder
    Report!

Rations - Boil in the bag meals - not the worst things I have ever eaten. Definetely light and convenient though. Sundries were pretty good but be aware sometimes you dont get exactly what you ordered (i didnt get tissues, but i got energy tablets, I think the woman on the phone may have mentioned this). All in all pretty solid. Only complaints: Hexamine tablets smelled a bit "fishy" and weren't as clean burning as the highlander ones; The whitener is just plain nasty.

Tribal Elder
    Oh yeah, and the rations should be supplemented by other stuff if you are particularly active... We had a fair slog in the cold this weekend and I ate the whole pack plus bannock....

Alone in the Wilderness
    Hi guys,

I just stumbled across this forum after doing a bit of research and thought I'd say hello. I'm from SOTFS and glad you're liking the ration packs and that they're doing the trick for you. It's nice to find ways we can improve our products and whatnot as well.

Shame you don't like the iPad holders so much ! Funnily enough though, people have actually been ordering these - Walkers, campers, not too sure about any military folk though and I didn't see that article on the Newsbeat site so thanks for that comanighttrain .

Any suggestions or ideas please feel free to let us know! We're currently putting the "Build Your Own Ration Pack" feature back in if that interests you too.