Thread: Dee & Co Menswear Ltd Glasgow

One with Nature
    "Always remember, no matter where you go there you are."

Dee & Co Menswear Ltd Glasgow

hello,
    Slightly off topic. Dee & Co Menswear Ltd 170 Trongate Glasgow G1 0141-552-0066 this family shop has been in retail for over 50 years. They sell original menswear for the Scooter/Mods etc.. they have in stock what maybe of interest to Bushcraft various brand new unissued Parkas from US Fishtail (Alpha industries) & other brands of cold weather Parka. I have a Parka Civvie O.Green version with red white & blue gingham type fabric lining, I bought a 2nd one recently due to the reduced price, which I use in both cold weather or rolled up in the vehicle or in my pack for TGO occasionally can be used for moderate climate too. The best I've seen of recent years is the German Army Moleskin O.Green Parka *brand new unissued condition that's going on my wants list. It's not often you see these unless as surplus in Grade 1 condition. If your in Glasgow have a browse at this gem of a shop regardless if your a Scooter/Mod fan or not they do have a wide selection of stock boots, shoes, the original desert boots (Brothel Creepers) etc.. BTW really warm & friendly staff. There's no website address, business/trade is good very busy shop BTW I'm sure if you give them a call or pop in for a price/stock check they'll be able to arrange mail order.
    Regards
    David

Oh the good old days....

The only problem I found with the parkas was their ability to catch the wind. I took off once when I went out in a storm and the Doc Martins did little to weigh me down

One with Nature
    "Always remember, no matter where you go there you are."
    hello,
    I agree with the fish tail types 'rent a tent' but the one I have is quilted as per retailers not too heavy but snug & warm treated with Nikwax wash-in waterproof. It's not always you see the German Army Parka as unissued brand new condition. Only ones I've seen like so was in Germany worn by NATO Troops BAOR. I like my Docs with DMS sole pattern, they have a nice grip to them urban wear
    Regards
    David