Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Successfully patented my paracord survival bracelet invention!

Successfully patented my paracord survival bracelet invention!

A few years ago, I came up with an idea involving cutting a ferro rod and drilling a hole to make a toggle closure for a bracelet that would also contain a scraping device, paracord and tinder (I posted it here in 2011 http://www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk/fo...st.php?p=28216). Here's the 2011 prototype:

I'm proud to say that I've successfully reached the end of a long and difficult process to obtain a patent from the USPTO.

This proves to me that a little guy can protect his invention from companies who would use their status and money to steal and profit from it - without credit or even a nod!

Well done you!
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

If there are no women around and a man says something, is he still wrong?

Cheers,Well done,heres to your first $1,000,000..
    You are never too old to learn!. A SURVIVER!

"Peasants Rule,and your Knife is your Tool."
    "A Knifeless man is a Lifeless man".Nordic Proverb.

Support The GURKA WELFARE TRUST.1815 to 2015 200 years of Service to the Crown

That's cool man
    “I'm not one of those complicated, mixed-up cats. I'm not looking for the secret to life.... I just go on from day to day, taking what comes.” ~Frank Sinatra~

" Nessmuk " says:
    " We do not go to the woods to rough it ; we go to
    smooth it — we get it rough enough in town. But
    let us live the simple, natural life in the woods, and

AWESOME!!!
    Congrats, man
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin

Good new, well done on finally getting through the whole thing and protecting you work.

I appreciate your desire to protect your invention, but I have a loathing for patents you cannot imagine.

Particularly in computer software, patents are no longer being used to protect the "little guy" from corporations that can stamp out the same (or similar knock off) product far cheaper and steal all the customers from the inventor. Patents in software are ruining small companies because big companies buy them up and use them to crush little companies and individuals.

Rant over, I know yours is very different and I'm glad you can protect your invention in the way patents were intended. The word "patent" just gets my back up these days.

Is the patent just for that particular shape of bracelet as I have seen others using the ferro toggles before and in fact have made some which are selling in a local shop for me. they have a washer as a striker and the jute runs up the inside.

So my question is really what do you hold the patent for.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie View Post
    I appreciate your desire to protect your invention, but I have a loathing for patents you cannot imagine.

Particularly in computer software, patents are no longer being used to protect the "little guy" from corporations that can stamp out the same (or similar knock off) product far cheaper and steal all the customers from the inventor. Patents in software are ruining small companies because big companies buy them up and use them to crush little companies and individuals.

Rant over, I know yours is very different and I'm glad you can protect your invention in the way patents were intended. The word "patent" just gets my back up these days.

Couldnt agree more!

Quote Originally Posted by mr.punch View Post
    Is the patent just for that particular shape of bracelet as I have seen others using the ferro toggles before and in fact have made some which are selling in a local shop for me. they have a washer as a striker and the jute runs up the inside.

So my question is really what do you hold the patent for.
    Cheers
    Yeah I'm curious on what aspect is actually patented too. You cant really patent the materials in use in this type of bracelet or the design so confused as to what/how it was patented.

Also the patent is only covered in US afaik?
    Last edited by ADz; 10-09-2014 at 12:27 PM.
    "Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!​​"