Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from North Carolina.

Hello from North Carolina.

I just realised I've been registered for a while now but haven't introduced my self. I do apologise, I can only put it down to reading all the interesting topics here.

My name is Malcolm or Malc as I prefer, 52 winters old and originally from Maidstone in Kent. I became interested in camping and then the skills side of Bushcraft as a weekend escapre form work and the town. I would grab my pack walk down to the Medway and hike about six miles upstream to a nice secluded patch of woodland. Once there I would make a simple camp and just relax the only sounds were the river and the occasional cabin cruiser on the river....Heaven.

Now due to a dodgy hip my bush trips are simply heading out to the state park and dropping a handline into the creek to see what comes up and the occasional cook out if I can convince my wife to have one, it might not be a weekender but it's still as nice.

All the best,
    Malc.

To the forum Malc ATb ........Don't get eaten by the bears,,,,,Tony.

Hi Malc,Welcome to the forum n my if you ever get over the pond.as long as you get out,in the wilds n countryside,does it matter if its by Jeep or "Shanks Poney".Enjoy n take care,mike.
    You are never too old to learn!. A SURVIVER!

"Peasants Rule,and your Knife is your Tool."
    "A Knifeless man is a Lifeless man".Nordic Proverb.

Support The GURKA WELFARE TRUST.1815 to 2015 200 years of Service to the Crown

Hello Malc and welcome,

M@
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

Welcome to the forum mate.
    He who says "he can" and he who says "he can't", are both usually right.

Natural Born Bushcrafter Valantine's Avatar
    to the forum

Hi Malc,

You've got some beautiful country to roam down there in the Carolinas (alas, I've only visited vicariously.) Welcome to the forum, it's a great group of folks from all over the world on here.
    I'm a native New Yorker myself; that's UPstate, not the city; more specifically: Liverpool, just west of Syracuse.
    Anyway, welcome again, all the best,

Josh
    "Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time..." ~Steven Wright~

Welcome Malc
    Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality.

Quote Originally Posted by midas View Post
    Hi Malc,Welcome to the forum n my if you ever get over the pond.as long as you get out,in the wilds n countryside,does it matter if its by Jeep or "Shanks Poney".Enjoy n take care,mike.
    Thanks mate! Hopefully by this time next years we can be walking the lanes and trails of Exeter. My wife wants to go back to the UK. Although she's American she prefers the slower pace of the English countryside.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony1948 View Post
    To the forum Malc ATb ........Don't get eaten by the bears,,,,,Tony.
    Thanks Tony. the bears aren't as bad down here as they were in Alaska we spent 10 years up there. Once my wife and I went for a hike up Flattop mountain outside of Anchorage and about every 200 yards along the trail the Wildlife Troopers had put up signs warning of Brown and Grizzly bear activity in the area.

Dia duit from the Connecticut woodlands
    I have relatives down in Hickory, N.C., and my longtime friend is moving to Charlotte for university. Beautiful place you've got...I'll never forget those Great Smokies on the way through Ashville. .
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin