Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 'Bushcraft' Now a Trade-mark?

Well,...they may still try litigation intimidation anyways. I don't know all of the fine-lines regarding trademark legalities.
    Can't understand why they wanted to out-compete Blades and Bushcraft, since that forum (as far as I know) never tried to make money as an online business. Seems to me more like Guy wanted to get back at all those who left BCUSA and joined B & B.
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin

Somebody was going to copy write the name. Mzybe this is not.optimum for us but better thrm than a Madispn avenue investment group?

This overview of US trademark law is interesting

https://cyber.law.harvard.edu/metasc.../domain/tm.htm

Excerpt..
    " a generic (trade) mark is a mark that describes the general category to which the underlying product belongs. For example, the term "Computer" is a generic term for computer equipment. Generic marks are entitled to no protection under trademark law. Thus, a manufacturer selling "Computer" brand computers (or "Apple" brand apples, etc.) would have no exclusive right to use that term with respect to that product. Generic terms are not protected by trademark law because they are simply too useful for identifying a particular product. Giving a single manufacturer control over use of the term would give that manufacturer too great a competitive advantage."